[2] The Childhood Duo

It was about 6:15 a.m. in the morning in the city of Musutafa, Japan. Inside a dark room with walls painted pink and a ceiling coated with glowing stars, an alarm clock beside the bed was currently making a beeping noise. A lump covered with the sheets slowly began to move on the bed.

"Ochaco, dear! Your alarm's been going off for fifteen minutes!" a woman's voice from outside the room said. "You're going to be late for your first day back at school!"

The lump slowly uncovered itself to reveal a drooling teenage girl with brown messy hair wearing light pink pajamas. As she scratched her head, she spoke as loud as she could.

"Got it, Mom! Coming!" she shouted while slowly getting out of her bed only to fall to the ground due to her sheets still wrapped around her leg. Looking at it, she gave a sigh while laughing a little. "Well that's one way to start the day"

After getting her leg unstuck, she stood up, stretched, and opened the curtain and window to see the sun shining brightly. She proceeded to the bathroom, took one good look in the mirror, and nearly freaked out.

"Gah!!! I can't even let Deku see me like this again!" she said quickly stripping herself from her pajamas and hopping into the shower. As she bathed, she used both hands to scrub her hair and wash it off.

After freshening up and drying off her hair, she opened her closet and placed on her uniform from her shirt down to her skirt and stockings. Feeling ready, she grabbed her bag and exited the room to the kitchen to see her mom making breakfast while her dad sat at the table reading a newspaper.

"Morning Mom, morning Dad," she said hugging them from behind and giving each a kiss on the cheek.

"Good morning Ochaco. Are you ready for your first day back to school?" Kokoa asked as she turned off the stove while earning a nod from her daughter.

"Yup, going back to school after Christmas break always feels great," she said taking a seat. Kokoa came to the table with plates of fried eggs and bacon. Ochaco's mouth began to water at the sight of the food. As soon as the plate touched the table, she clasped her hands together thanking for the food, and began chowing down the food not knowing that her movements caused something to drop from her skirt pocket. Upon hearing the thud, she looked down to see what it was.

"Wah!!!" she shouted while jumping off the chair to quickly grab it

"Wah!!!" she shouted while jumping off the chair to quickly grab it. Holding it close to her chest, she took deep breaths hoping her parents didn't see it. But, unfortunately...

"Oh honey, is that what I think it is?" she heard mom say from behind her.

"It's not what it looks like Mom," Ochaco said slowly turning her head to look at her with one eye with both cheeks forming a darker shade of red.

"Really? Cause that looks exactly like that 'lucky charm' little Izuku got you for Christmas," Kozo said smirking behind his newspaper. "And what a coincidence that it was in your pocket right when you were about to go back to school"