[3] A Miraculous Successor P1

Rozaryu Middle School is the school Ochaco Uraraka currently attends. Though she wished she and Izuku could attend the same school, they thought it wouldn't hurt to just go to separate places just once in their life. On her first day, she was given a career form to which she put being a hero on the top. As she stared at the 2nd and 3rd place slots, she wondered on what else she could be. It took some thinking, but she was able to put being a Nurse in the 2nd place slot and a Construction Worker in the 3rd.

After submitting it to her teacher, she picked up her bag, walked out of the classroom, and headed towards her locker. As she reached into it to take out her shoes, she overheard someone talking behind her.

"Hey, did you hear? Word on the street All Might's actually in town," a guy said to another. "They said they saw him chasing a sludge villain"

"Seriously?" the person he was talking to said in excitement. As Ochaco heard this, she slipped on her shoes and exited the schoolyard.

"All Might's here? If I know Deku, he'd freak if he had met him face to face," she said to herself giggling at the thought of what his reaction would be like. As she continued to daydream about Izuku, she approached a pedestrian crossing. Upon seeing the light indicating she could cross, she began to walk before noticing an old lady with a bag of groceries slowly coming from the opposite side with a young blonde man walking beside her looking at his phone.

"Huh, he looks kind of familiar," Ochaco said to herself looking at the man before hearing what sounded like the engine of a race car coming into her ear. Looking for the source, she looked to her left and saw what looked like an actual expensive car coming in their direction at high speed. Ocahco gasped and looked at them in a panic.

"No!!! Look out!!!" she shouted while instinctively running toward the two who were unaware of the car coming. The man however heard her shout, looked up from his phone, and looked in the direction of where the car was coming. As if time was slowing down, his eyes widened, and his phone dropped to the ground while Ochaco dropped her bag, used both hands to touch herself making her body weightless, and jumped as far as she could to push both the lady and the man out of the way back to the sidewalk. Once all three of them hit the pavement, the car drove past the pedestrian, crushing all the bags including the groceries that were in there.

"Oh dear," the old lady said holding her chest while the man who was beside her brushed off the suit he had on and looked at Ochaco. He looked over to Ochaco to see her breathing heavily and tiredly. After a few more deep breaths, she turned to the lady with a wobbly smile.

"Are you both okay?" Ochaco asked slowly standing back up to her feet.

"Oh yes, thank you," she said trying to stand up.

"Here let me help," Ochaco said while applying her quirk on the old lady causing her to float in the air slightly. She then helped straighten her so she could stand properly. After deactivating her quirk, Ochaco turned to the man and gasped knowing where she had seen her before. "Oh hey, I met you this morning"

"Oh yeah. You were the girl from the bus," the man said standing up to his feet before noticing the exhausted look on Ochaco's face. "I'm truly grateful that you saved us, but you don't look so well"

"Huh? Oh, it's okay," Ochaco said trying to shrug it off despite the fact that she had her hand on her mouth like she was gonna puke. "I'm just glad that you're safe"

"But why would you risk your life like that? You could've been hit took," he asked in a voice of concern. Ochaco smiled and gave off her best smile.

"Isn't it obvious? It's because I couldn't just stand there watch you die," she said. The old lady smiled at her response and nodded.

"You'd make an excellent hero little one," she said before looking to the road seeing all the food she spent money on squished and ruined. Ochaco and the man followed her gaze and saw what she was looking at.

"Hold on," she said as she opened her bag and began pulling out a buttload of cutout coupons that came from pages of newspaper. "Here, you can use these"

"Oh, you don't have to do that much for me," the lady said waving her hands. Ochaco instead shook her head and placed the coupons in her hand.

"Hero or not, I'm doing this because I want to help you. I'm not doing anything for the next few hours, so would it be okay if accompany you to do your shopping again?" Ochaco asked. The lady made a hum before nodding her head. The man stared at Ochaco and gave off an approved smile while nodding his head. While she wasn't looking, he walked over to where her bag was lying on the ground while reaching into his pocket. Slowly, he unzipped the and slipped something in it before closing it back up.

"Here's your bag. Thankfully it wasn't crushed," the man said bringing the bag over to Ochaco.

"Oh, thank you," Ochaco said taking the bag from him. Once she took it and placed it back on her back, the man reached into his pocket again but this time pulled out what looked like a brochure.

"My name's Adrien Agreste, and I'm a language teacher at Ousei Academy," he said handing the school brochure to Ochaco. "It's not a hero school like what you and your friend want to attend, but we accept transfer students from different schools who are kindhearted, selfless, courageous, and generous. We offer plenty of programs and clubs which can earn you an early degree in whatever profession in the future"

"Wow, that sounds like a school anyone can get in," she said looking at the paper while the man slightly chuckled.

"Not exactly. If you wish, I could put in a good word for you to the principal. He'd be more than willing to accept a young hero like you"

"Thank you but..." she said before folding up the paper and stuffing it in her skirt pocket. "Already have a High School in mind. Thank you for the offer though"

As she walked off with the old lady, Adrien stood there on the sidewalk with a smirk on his face.

"No, thank you, for proving you're worthy," he said before pulling out a silver ring from his other pocket. "Now who the heck's gonna be my successor?"

His thoughts were then interrupted by the sound of a giant explosion not that far from him. Turning towards the source, he noticed smoke rising from behind some buildings.

"What the what?!" he said before dashing off in the direction of the explosion.