[8] The Miracle Heroez Debut

Backing up to the wall, Mina trembled at the sight of the skinny man with razor-sharp claws who slurped his long tongue like a serpent.

"Man girl, you're fast," the thug said taking a breath while hissing. "But, you got nowhere to run"

"P-Please, just leave me alone," Ashido said trying to use her quirk on the wall behind her so she could escape, but for some reason, it was too thick and she didn't know if she'd escape in time.

"Ah, don't be like that girly. I'm not asking much," the thug with the sharp nail said while walking toward her. "I'm just inviting you to stay at a hotel with me that's all."

"I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU FREAK!!!!" she screamed trying to burn faster. "Stay away from me!!!"

"Aw, don't be like that. Just come with me like a good girl!" he said grabbing her hand and ignoring the fact that one of those blades was cutting her skin. Watching from above the building she was trying so hard to burn through, Mochibug and Black Neko clenched their teeth and grabbed their respective tools. That sight alone was so unbearable, that they knew couldn't just stick around and watch. But just as they were about to jump...

"OI!!!" a voice said. Everyone both on and not on the roof turned their heads to the alley entrance to see a figure standing at the entrance of the alleyway.

"And who the hell are you?" sharp nails said. Slowly, the figure walked into view revealing a teenage boy with spikey black hair. Mina who was still backed up to the wall, stopped trying to burn through it as she squinted her eyes to try and get a better look at the person. Upon seeing his face clearly, her eyes widened and spoke as if she knew the guy.

"K-Kirishima?!" she said surprised to see her schoolmate like this. She sometimes seen him around campus, and he looked nothing like how he currently is right now. "My god, is that you?!"

The boy in response reached for the handgrip that was strapped to his waist and clenched it. Suddenly, his whole body turned into a grey and hard humanoid rock. He then stared at the guy with a murderous look. "My name's Scarlet Rock now"

Mina didn't know why, but she felt her heartbeat increased upon hearing him talk like a villain. On the rooftop, Black Neko narrowed his green eyes upon seeing his body change into a different rock form.

"It doesn't take a genius to know that quirks shouldn't work like that," he whispered to  Mochibug who nodded in agreement.

"You're right. If I didn't know any better, it's looked like he got that power from that handgrip from his waist," Mochibug said in response to Black Neko nodding. That's when both of them looked at each other thinking the same thing.

"He's been akumatized!" they both said at the same time before turning their attention back to the scene to see the person calling himself Scarlet Rock walking closer to the thug leaving slight craters in his footsteps. 

"Don't worry Ashido, I'm not gonna run this time," he said looking at Mina before turning to the thing again. "This time, I'm gonna show this guy what it feels like to feel fear"

"Ha! In your dreams kid," the sharp nail thug said as he ran towards Scarlet Rock and prepared to slash him. Unfortunately, the only damage that was done was to his fingernails because they were chipped off once they came upon impact to his rock skin. "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!"

"Oh I'm sorry, did that hurt?" he said in a mocking voice before he back-slapped the thug into the wall with his rock-hard hand. Everyone who was watching winched because they were sure they heard a bone crack.

"P-Please. I was just messing around kid. Don't kill me," the thug said in a trembling voice.

"It feels scary, doesn't it? Not being able to do anything? The feeling of being powerless" he said as he walked up to the thug. Ashido couldn't help but feel guilty as she watched everything unfold. Although she had caught a glimpse of him after their encounter with the giant villain, she had only seen his backside.