Kabanata 25

Abby

The moment I opened my eyes, I knew something didn't feel right.

I was sore as fuck and I felt like someone just shoved a tree branch up my vagina and fucked me senseless with it.

Oh wait. That actually happened. The latter part, at least.

Grunting in pain--and with all my joints and muscles protesting--, I rose up to my elbows and surveyed my surroundings.

The bed was chaotic. The sheets were crumpled as if an unruly animal had just laid in them. The pillows were out of shape and popping out of their pillowcases. Even the blankets were wrinkly and stiff like a cardboard, as though something wet had just dried in them, causing the fabric to become starchy.

I felt like my head was hit by a wrecking ball since the throbbing at my temples were almost unbearable, making my vision spin.

I wished that the Spice was like alcohol, a substance that could induce some type of short-term amnesia. It could make you forget things and not worry about what had happened after you had gotten yourself too much of it.

But memories from yesterday was as clear as day, as bright as the ray of sunlight cascading across the floorboards from the open windows.

Had I really given myself to someone like that?

To Veric? Of all people?

Was I really that kind of a woman all along?

I found myself alone in bed but I heard the shower running.

Despite the drawback from having a tender hole, I got up and went to the bathroom as well and tried to walk without limping.

There was no reason for me to be ashamed when I found Veric taking a shower inside. He was behind a frosted glass and I could see his blurred naked body washing himself.

I closed the door of the bathroom behind me and stood in front of the long mirror on a near wall.

I didn't know sex could be so barbaric. Facing my reflection, I couldn't even recognize myself at first glance. My hair was a bundled mess. Red marks were all over my body, a reminder of what had just happened.

Veric and I had fucked many times throughout the night I'd even lost count.

I heard the bathroom door open behind.

I didn't dare to turn around.

And when my skin prickled at the ominous feeling of the Mafia boss looming behind me like a tall, heavy shadow, little fires spread under my skin and warmed my bones.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, looking down at my feet.

A moment ticked by. "What for?" His voice was low. Too low.

The deep stunted timbre of his voice made me shiver.

"For the Spice," I said. "I knew that the initial plan was supposed to be us fucking during the Mating Run. But I'd accidentally rushed the flow of things. And I apologize for it."

I couldn't dare look at him in the mirror and discover the disgust in his eyes and the sneer curling his lips.

I didn't think I'd be able to bear the look on his face and find that he didn't really want me.

Even how crazy and illogical it sounded, I knew I was already drawn to him and I couldn't ignore the pull.

His pull.

It started as a small tug, a harmless curiosity when I'd first met him that night, until that tug became a yank that shot me into a foreign territory I had no idea of navigating.