DOCTOR

The creamy walls felt tight , MISS SUZUKI tensed. SUNNY was in a coma. She waited ages and ages until the doctor called her to the ICU. Stiffly, MISS SUZUKI stood up. How could she look her son the same again after she neglected him? Her OWN child. Tears welled, she swiftly wiped the tears with, the back of her hand. “MISS SUZUKI, you can come visit him now.” the receptionist called out. MISS SUZUKI  gave a weak smile and made her way to the ICU. How can she ever look the same to SUNNY again? Neglecting him for years, not that he deserved it. He was still a child. Why would she be so stupid to trust that he would take care of himself? MISS SUZUKI was a terrible 
and selfish  mother, she concluded. She wished the floor could just swallow her whole, as eyes stared to her. Finally. There she was. The ICU. Where her last alive child lied. MISS SUZUKI pulled herself together and entered.

SUNNY silently lied there. A blank expression on his small,fragile face. “Ah, MISS SUZUKI!” The doctor looked up from his clipboard. “SUNNY can now properly breathe, see?” He pointed towards SUNNY. “If you left him for a few hours, he'd probably suffocate. It's a good thing you brang him here in time!” The doctor gave a smile to MISS SUZUKI. “Y-yes..” MISS SUZUKI was in shock. SUNNY, he could've been dead? MISS SUZUKI returned the smile."Just to make sure, he is in a coma, right?” MISS SUZUKI gave a sorry smile. “Well, yes, of course. He has the symptoms of a person who is in a coma, as far as I can tell. But you should've known.” The doctor looked at MISS SUZUKI, “I'll leave you with him.” The doctor quietly left. MISS SUZUKU looked at SUNNY. Her child. She could have avoided this, all of this.. “Don't worry, SUNNY, after this is all over, we'll move to a nice city,” she softly whispered, “You can even do some online schooling. I understand that you wouldn't want to go to a school in person.” Tears welled once again in her eyes. “SUNNY, I'm sorry.. everything is going to be okay..” MISS SUZUKI burst into tears. Sobbing into her cupped hands. She hated herself for what she did. ‘This isn't what MARI would want..’ she thought to herself. More tears came, MISS SUZUKI could not stop. She felt terrible, she was sorry. How could she earn SUNNY'S forgiveness back..? HOW?! MISS SUZUKI sobbed even harder, her eyes a tint of red. A gentle knock on the door. MISS SUZUKI looked up, but there was no one. No one but her son and herself. The creamy walls slowly were caving in. MISS SUZUKI waited for a person to appear, but to her surprise, nobody opened the door. MISS SUZUKI took a deep breath and focused. She could hear voices behind that door. They were whispering. “..Can't come in..” she heard one say, she tensed. Someone was here to visit SUNNY. “..Haven't seen him for almost four years..” She heard another voice. MISS SUZUKI stayed in place. It was the doctors voice and..someone? The person must have followed the doctor. MISS SUZUKI wiped her tears and nodded at SUNNY, putting on a fake smile. The doctor was back. He couldn't see the state she was in just a few seconds ago. The doctor entered once again. “MISS SUZUKI, I'm afraid it's time for you to go. EMILY will give you the visiting hours for when you can come back again,” His smile was warm and kind, “A girl wanted to see your son. I presume that she’s friends with your son.” A girl. The pieces clicked. AUBREY was here to visit SUNNY. “Thank you doctor, please take good care of SUNNY,” she looked towards SUNNY, “He needs it.” “Yes, of course.” MISS SUZUKI left the ICU, speedwalking towards the receptionist. “Hi, the visiting hour papers, please?” she looked up to the tired receptionist, who handed her the papers. “I think these kids want to speak to you.” The receptionist pointed towards them. AUBREY,KEL, and even HERO. BASIL was missing. KEL looked up, his eyes lighting up, “MISS SUZUKI!”
KEL looked ecstatic, it looked like it was true. SUNNY hadn't spoken to any of his friends for a few years. MISS SUZUKI greeted KEL with a grateful smile, “KEL! What surprise to see you here! Are you here to visit SUNNY?” Her smile still glowing. “Of course! SUNNY is our friend, after all!” KEL beemed. “Hey, MISS SUZUKI, why is SUNNY in the hospital? Uhm, I came here as soon as KEL told us that SUNNY was here..” AUBREY'S melancholic voice trailed off. MISS SUZUKI stared at them. Oh shit. “Oh, SUNNY? Uhm, well, so you see..” MISS SUZUKI a small smile, “SUNNY, he's actually, uhm,” MISS SUZUKI'S eyes welled, the waterworks would start soon. MISS SUZUKI blinked the tears away, “SUNNY is in a coma.” MISS SUZUKI looked guilty down. AUBREY'S eyes widened, “No, that's impossible. Since when..?” AUBREY was in denial. “I don't..” her voice trailed off, tears were forming again. Why was she so emotional? HERO put his hand on MISS SUZUKI'S shoulder. “MISS SUZUKI, it's okay.” HERO gave a small smile. She returned the smile, how pathetic of her to let a 19 year old comfort a 40 year old. MISS SUZUKI straightened herself, there was no time for her to be emotional. “So SUNNY is in a coma? That's terrible!!” KEL sighed. MISS SUZUKI gave a confident nod, “Yes, it is terrible.” “MISS SUZUKI, how did SUNNY end up in a coma, even?” AUBREY folded her arms and raised her eyebrows. “Hit his head against something, probably his desk.” AUBREY gave a small audible gasp, “SUNNY..” she quietly muttered. MISS SUZUKI cleared her throat. “It's getting late, I have to go.” She greeted them, promising that she'd give the visiting hours later tonight through a text message.

MISS SUZUKI was now at her apartment. Right after SUNNY was escorted to the ICU, and MISS SUZUKI chased away to the waiting room, she rented an apartment near FARAWAY TOWN. It wasn't exactly in FARAWAY TOWN, but it was quite close. She scanned her text messages again. To all four, including BASIL, she had sent the visiting hour times. She closed her phone and closed her eyes. She couldn't wait to get out of FARAWAY TOWN with SUNNY. It would be better for them both; SUNNY and herself. A long yawn escaped her mouth, as she rubbed her eyes. MISS SUZUKI was tired. Her bed felt warm, comfy. ‘How was SUNNY doing..’ she wondered. Just as her eyelids were about to fall, a loud BUZZ came from her phone, Her phone vibrated in a pattern. She focused on the pattern. BZZT. Nothing. BZZT. Nothing. It went on like that for 5 minutes, or was it 10 minutes? She couldn't tell. Slowly, she emerged from her bed, taking the phone. Someone had tried to call her, and that someone was KEL. MISS SUZUKI was too tired to call KEL back, a short text message was in instead sent. “Hi KEL! I am very tired right now, you can call me tomorrow morning.” It read. The message was left delivered for approximately 5 seconds until KEL opened it. Immediately, KEL started typing, “It's urgent.” The message read. MISS SUZUKI sighed. She just wanted to sleep. “Can it wait?” ‘What was so  important?’ she thought to herself, as she put down her phone, only to get once again another notification, from KEL. She gave a heavy sigh, this was the last message that she was going to read before going to bed. “Oh wait, sorry, wrong number, lol.” She had no strength to reply. The phone was put down immediately beside her bedside. Her frail body plopped onto the bed as she cosily snuggled into the blankets. The warmth greeted her again. Finally, now she could sleep. There were no distractions, and all she needed to do was to now sleep well after a long day. She could have been in the new house already by this time, but that was besides the point. She had to he ready for her son tomorrow. Tomorrow morning, at 10 am, she could go and visit SUNNY. The heat of the blanket coated her, as she closed her eyes, escaping from reality