Chap 3 - Training Mission

Narrator POV

After taking Revchi back to the capital, (Y/n) handed him over to the authorities and went back to her room in the castle where Magic emperor/Wizard king resides.

She had acquired her very own Grimoire and proudly displayed it to Julius, who couldn't contain his curiosity and eagerly asked her to reveal the Grimoire she had received.

As fascinated as he was by the various magic types and spells, he wanted her to commence her training in order to gain proficiency in performing her spells.

The magic knights entrance exam was coming in six months, although she doesn't need to participate since all the Magic knights Captains had already approved her worthy to be a Magic knight, and top of that, her foster father, Julius, is the current Wizard King.

She can choose any squad she wants to join. All the magic knight Captains offered her to join their squads and they tried to please her, including the captain of golden dawn and black bulls. But she excused herself because she was still training and told them she wasn't ready to join the magic knights yet. 

They accepted her excuse and gave her six months' time to train herself. So, she spent most of her time in training with Yami Sukehiro or Mereoleona Vermillion.

While on her way to the Vermilion house, she often encountered the young Vermilion sibling, Leopold. Occasionally, William Vangeance, the Captain of the Golden Dawn squad, would pass by and personally pay her a visit.

While the house of Silva was still in the dark about her identity, except the Captain of the Silver eagles, Nozel Silva.

-Two months later-

(Y/n) was training with Yami Sukehiro in the backyard, where they had a spacious training area set up behind the castle.

"Fire creation magic: Twin Blades of Fire!"

A pair of dual swords made of crackling flames formed on both of her palms as she gripped them tightly and narrowed her eyes at Yami

Yami looked at her exhausted state and sighed as a puff of smoke escaped his mouth. "You're not going to give up today, aren't ya kid?"

"Nope! I'm going to exceed my limits today!" (Y/n) declared, sweat trickling down the sides of her face.

He exhaled another plume of smoke, then removed the cigarette from his lips and gazed down at (Y/n) with a stern expression.

"Look Firecracker, you're tired and running out of mana, I suggest you take a break-"

"Not happening!" She exclaimed interjecting him. (Y/n) was standing few meters away from Yami. She took her fighting stance, ready to attack.

Yami smirked drawing out his katana as the blade engulfed in dark mana. "Fine then. Show me what you got Kid!" He charged at her with speed, and she did the same.