Chap 26 - Lost Friend

Narrator

"It has been an hour and we found nothing." Says Klaus, adjusting his glasses and furrowing his brow as he led the group through the hallway.

"Plus, this place is giving me chills." He mutters looking around the hallway as he noticed some framed pictures on the wall.

"But I must say, this place isn't as eerie as I imagined." commented (Y/n) matter-of-factly, surprising Mimosa, who looked at her with wide eyes, while Yuno shot her a suspicious glance.

Noticing Yuno's stare, (Y/n) raised an eyebrow. "What's with that look?"

Mimosa drew closer to her, her voice hesitant. "Um. . . Aren't you scared at all?"

"Why would I be scared? Of what?"

"Ghosts?"

(Y/n) glanced at Mimosa before bursting into laughter, making Klaus turned to look at her in confusion.

"Mimosa, there's no such thing as ghosts. And besides, we're magic knights. If anything were to happen, we're more than capable of handling it." (Y/n) reassured Mimosa with a smile, easing her worry slightly.

Yuno stood before a tattered family picture, barely discernible in the dim light. Klaus approached him, curiosity evident on his face. "What is it? Have you found something?"

Yuno simply pointed at the picture. "That stone he is wearing. . ."

Klaus leaned in for a closer look, adjusting his spectacles. "Hmmm, one thing is for sure, this is indeed the 4th Royal Family manor."

"And that stone might be it." (Y/n) remarked, prompting Klaus and Yuno to glance at her as she shrugged.

"Just a guess, you know. Although you were going to say that anyway."

"Right. . . Then we have to split up and look around for any suspected item containing a gem, which would be a magic stone, according to the Wizard King."

"Got it!" Yuno and Mimosa affirmed, while (Y/n) remained oddly quiet.

"Don't overlook any corner. We have to find that stone before someone else does." Klaus ordered, walking ahead with Mimosa as they split into pairs.

(Y/n) cast a glance at Yuno, who had already started to drift away. She thought to herself, 'Really? Searching my old house for a mission feels weird.'

With a sigh, she followed behind Yuno, who was taking the mission very seriously unlike her.

As they continued searching the manor, both teams were unable to find the gem. The moon shone brightly upon the dark manor, illuminating the hallways and the scattered shards of glass on the floor.

A silhouette trailed behind the young magic knights, observing their every move. They could sense the temperature dropping as they moved through the rooms.

"Do you feel it?" Yuno broke the silence.

"Feel what?" (Y/n) replied, brushing off a tattered old pillow that was once used be hers, then glanced at him.

"Like someone is constantly watching us."

"Now that you mention it, I do feel that eerie sensation in the air."

Yuno gave her an irritated look, silently questioning, why you were refusing it before then?? That makes me think if that's only me.

(Y/n) shrugged in response, prompting further suspicion from Yuno, but she ignored him and continued searching under the bed. Suddenly, she sneezed.