Chap 19 - Wizard King's adopted daughter

Author POV

"(Y/n)."

"Miss (Y/n). . ."

You turned over the other side trying to block the voices that were calling you.

"Young miss. Wake up~!"

You responded with a noncommittal hum, not daring to open your eyes. Suddenly, someone snatched your blanket away, leaving you shivering and huddling into a ball. With closed eyes, you fumbled around, desperately searching for your stolen cover. 

Meanwhile, the curtains were drawn wide open, unleashing a blinding cascade of sunshine onto your face. You groaned, attempting to shield your delicate eyelids from the unexpected invasion of brightness.

"Wakey, wakey, Princess! It's way past seven. You are going to be late for the ceremony!"

Without warning, you were unceremoniously yanked out of bed only to find yourself ungracefully fall on the floor. "Oi!! Cut it out! I'm up, alright!" you protested, squinting at the sight of your two persistent maids determined to get you moving.

"Glad to hear that." Said the ravenette with a small smirk before she splashed some water on your face to make you jump out of your sleepy state.

"Adriana! I've already told you I'm awake!" you snapped, but she paid no mind, having grown accustomed to your protests and morning grumpiness

As they proceeded to haul you toward the washroom for a bath, despite your attempts to resist their assistance.

"Stephanie, let go of me! What in the world are you two even doing here??"

The reserved, light blonde-haired maid, Stephanie, continued undressing you with shy efficiency, ignoring your childish protests

The reserved, light blonde-haired maid, Stephanie, continued undressing you with shy efficiency, ignoring your childish protests. Meanwhile, Adriana readied a hot bath.

"Apologies, Miss. That's the advisor Marx's orders. We've been assigned to prepare you for the awarding ceremony. Since you're going to represent as the Wizard king's daughter today, you have to look like one." Stephanie explained before pushing you into the water.

"Eh?! But I told him yesterday, I didn't want to see a single maid, and yet he sends both of you!"

"Since we're your personal maids, you can't just shoo us away. Hehe." Adriana chimed in with a grin, applying shampoo to your (h/l) hair, while Stephanie diligently scrubbed your back.