Chap 22 - Recalling of Sylphs

Author's POV

After ensuring Molly and the children were safe, you and April joined the Blue Rose Knights in the fight against Rades' puppets.

April unleashed her "Floral Magic: Perishing Thorns," but despite her efforts, the puppets kept appearing and advancing toward the citizens. Sol intervened, blocking their path with her Mud Golem, which crushed them with powerful fists.

You dispatched a group of puppets before glancing at the others, noting their competence in handling the situation. "I should be heading off now. I need to search for that spatial mage."

As you turned to leave, April stopped you with an exclamation. "Where do you think you're going?"

"To the northwest district. I sensed strange mana from that direction. It could be an enemy."

"But-"

"April! Show some respect. You're addressing the Wizard King's daughter." Charlotte scolded, dispatching another line of puppets.

April's eyes widened as she looked at you. "So, it's actually true?"

You rolled your eyes. "Seriously? Why would I be here, fighting in fancy attire with magic knights? Do you think I came out to dance?"

"Ugh, whatever! You're my rival now!" April smirked confidently, but Charlotte reprimanded her with a karate chop to the head. "Rivals or not, you'll address her with respect."

"Oww~! Yes, ma'am!"

Sighing, you waved your hand before leaving the area to them, confident in their ability to handle the situation.

As you traversed the streets, thoughts swirled in your mind about where the spatial mage could be hiding. There was a high possibility that the mastermind would be with that mage. However, one question lingered from the start, 'What is their actual motive? Why are they doing all this? What will they gain from such cowardly actions?'

You hadn't noticed the hooded figure on your way until you accidentally bumped into them, causing you to fall backward.

"Oof! Sorry, I didn't mean to-" You began to apologize instinctively, but your words trailed off as you looked up at the mysterious person under the hood.

You only caught a glimpse of half of their face before they mouthed something unintelligible and swiftly turned to run away

"Hey! Wait!" You scrambled to your feet and chased after them, nearly tripping over your heels in the process. "Tsk. Stupid heels." You kicked them off and pursued barefoot.

'Who is that person? Could they be the spatial mage I'm looking for?'

Rounding a corner, you found yourself on an empty street, blinking in confusion. "What the heck?! It only took a second of distraction, and I lost sight of him?"