Chapter 101: New Life

Gabrielle is on the brink of starving to death, her foster parents didn't let her eat for 3 weeks and she's about to faint.

They didn't physically abuse her, no bruises, no wounds, no injuries of violence, but they treated her like an invisible dog, they mentally destroyed her and now she was about to die out of extreme hunger.

She packed her bags silently in the middle of the night, she called the woman who was suppose to check on her.

The woman named Sandra was busy preparing the documents in her office when Gabrielle called, "Gabbie! Hi! Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"I want to get out of here" Gabrielle bursted into tears, her voice squeaked and cracked as she told her what happened, "I haven't eaten for 3 weeks because they won't let me, I feel like I'm dying in any minute and my stomach is extremely painful"

"Oh my goodness" Sandra flinched, "Are you at home?"

"Yes..." She sniffled.

"I'm coming there right away!" Sandra hung up, left the office, and drove off to pick up Gabrielle.

Gabrielle puts the phone down and laid on her bed, tightly hugging her stomach.

She then heard a car beep and assumed that it was Sandra, until Sandra called her, "Gabbie! Get out of there!"

Gabrielle instantly brought her bags and ran downstairs in a rattled manner.

She quickly opened the entrance door and embraced Sandra in tears and begged her to take her to the hospital, but Raquel and Lando were already on their way.

"What is going on?!" Raquel yelled, "Why are you here? Are you taking Gabrielle away from us?!"

Sandra softly drags Gabrielle to the side, "You are starving this poor child!"

"So what? We're only in it for the money off of her!"

"And you'll abuse her like that?!"

"No I did not abuse her!"

"She can die from starvation you know?!"

Raquel and Lando didn't take it seriously until they heard the police sirens, "Is that the police?!" They begin to panic.

"Yes, we will make sure you'll rot in jail!"

Raquel and Lando didn't have the chance to escape now that the police started arresting them, they put them inside their car and made sure they'll get the punishment that they deserve.

"Thank you, officer" Sandra shook hands with them"

After that, Sandra took Gabrielle to the hospital and she stayed there for a month because her condition is getting serious.

After a month...

Sandra fetched the healthy Gabrielle and drove off to their house.

Meanwhile, there goes her husband, Juanito, preparing breakfast for everyone, but for now, it's just him and his 9-year-old daughter, Sophia.

Juanito placed the muffin on the table, "Sophia, your grades have gotten so low and much lower, stop taking the tutor for granted, we thought you will improve?" He worriedly asked and then sat down beside her.

"I'm sorry, daddy, I promise, I'll try harder next time"

"I don't mind if you have a grade below 91, but don't allow yourself fail too much that you're about to stay in your grade level"