12- Hawks' Speech

[Year 2021 October 25th UA High School]

That day started normally. Dabi laid down on his bed. A weird tingling feeling was felt in his hand, as if warning him of something. 

"Hey Dabi, you in there? Let's not be late~" Midoriya said.

"Coming."  Dabi answered through the door of his room. He then put on his uniform and walked out the door. "Oh, you're out. Uhm... just wanted to tell you that Hawks is coming to give a speech on first period. It's really cool right?" Midoriya rambled on and on while Dabi quietly listened. 

"You're his intern right? It must be really cool! Hawks started hero work only this year but is already working with top heroes! I wonder what school he went to... they say he never went to UA High School. That's really cool... I always thought that heroes were all... *mumble* *mumble* *mumble*" Midoriya kept on talking. Dabi noticed that it was time to go and tried calling him.

"Midoriya." When he didn't respond, Dabi tapped on his forehead, making him go out of his trance. "Oh! Sorry... is it time to go?" Dabi nodded. And the two headed out together. 

~

"Oh! Hey Todoroki-san! Are you listening to music? What music?" the two talked while Dabi listened to their conversation. Though, it did seem boring, Dabi liked watching his little brother talk about things that he liked. When they were younger, they weren't really allowed to talk about their hobbies. But, Touya would sometimes let him listen to him sing- but that's another story.

"Uhm... Dabi?" Todoroki whisper-talked. Dabi looked up at Shoto. "Yes?"

"I was wondering, how did you get those... scars- or whatever they are." he asked. 

To this, the whole class stared at Dabi. Waiting for an answer. They must've all been curious. Heck, even Bakugou was staring.

"Um... they're burns. My quirk wasn't fit for my body and it burns me every time I use it. So, it's actually nice that this collar is cancelling my quirk. Though I wonder how they made it." he answered. It was the first time Dabi talked about himself. The class had been careful asking things as it could be inappropriate to ask but after this, they asked a lot more personal things.

Dabi didn't know if this was a good thing for him or a bad thing but at the moment, he didn't hate it. 

"So, what school did you go to before becoming a villain?" Tokoyami asked. "I went to some private school."

"Really? Was your family rich?" Uraraka asked after hearing he went to a private school. "I guess? We weren't poor for sure." 

Todoroki also joined in on the Q&A, asking him, "Why'd you become a villain?" genuinely curious. "You're always giving the harder questions, aren't you? I became a villain because- I just followed Toga into the LOV."

"That blonde girl? How old is she? She seemed a bit young." Midoriya asked, his notebook in his left hand while his pen in the other. "... I think she's like 14 or 15. Probably 15." 

"That young? She seemed really scary though. *kero* But to think she was that young... I wonder what made her become a villain." Tsu said. "I don't know that much, but as far as I know, she started a killing spree in her school and left to become a villain after living on the streets for a few months." he said while not thinking much of it. Not noticing that most of the classes faces were of pure shock.

"WHY ARE YOU ALL CROWDED OVER THERE?! Get in your seats!" Aizawa shouted. 

The class all sat down in their seats. Still a bit shaken, but quickly came back after listening to their teacher's words.