14- Touya's Journal

[2021 November 18, Dorushi Private School (Burned down)]

Fuyumi looked around the room. She had sent Endeavor out of the place since someone could come. There were two desks like she had seen before. She checked the right one first. 

There was a red feather on the floor next to it. She put it in her bag. The textbook had doodles on it. She flipped over the pages to see a doodle that caught her eye. One of the doodles had two boys on it. One with wings and one with a fire next to it. She sat on the chair and checked it out. The doodle was surrounded with hearts. Next to it, in tiny tidy letters was a note, 'good luck on your love life Keigo :)' next to it was one with big and not-so-tidy letters, a reply, 'Nah, Touya's doesn't like anyone... :(' 

So, this boy liked Touya? Her younger brother had a love life? The thought seemed weird, but it seemed sweet. The rest of the textbook was also filled with doodles. She opened the drawers to see... a mess. She took things out one by one when she saw a photo album. 

There were tons of pictures of the two boys she saw on the doodle. One with red wings and... her younger brother. She looked at the two. They really were cute together. She saw them grow up. They looked like 7 years old here and they looked about 11 on the next. They seemed to grow older... 14, 15, 16. Wait. But, Touya died when he was 13. But, this book had pictures of him till about 16 or 17. 

She took the album in her arms and went to the second desk. This one was a lot more tidy. She opened the drawers to see everything was tidy except a notebook that seemed to have been hurriedly put back. It was a journal. She read the first page and nearly dropped it. It was Touya's. 

(Some of the spelling is incorrect, but he would've been 5 when it was 2010, so don't expect him to be perfect ^^)

{2010.07.26}

-Videos were shown as orientation film. dOrushi SkOOl iS a HERO skOOl
-I don't know much but keigo is a reely gOOd frend

Fuyumi giggled at what her brother's handwriting and spelling used to look like.

{2010.08.12}

-Loving this place but many frends left tO gO tO a nyu skOOl
-Lot of thei dOnt wanna be a herO anymOre

{2010.08.27}

-A teacher said I get hit becauz I didnt rite correct
-I think The teachers is scary. They make me fight my frends to become strong

{2010.09.04}

-Naomi is the name of theGirl get shot by a teacher becauz she did not pass P.E. test
-Seems like They put her in the room
-Asked teachers but They said shes okay but she looked reelly pale

{2010.10.16}

-Rian, Aoi, Atsuuko, Yuuda, Hikaru, Miki all went to the room
-Ehh, Keigo says that more than 10 kids all went to the room
-Hoped they would tell me but,Teacher never tels waht the room is

{2010.11.30}

-Edith, Our janitor also went into the room
-Like, He told me and keigo to be free

{2010.12.28}

-PS Today is Keigo's birthday
-I wanted nuggies so We went to eet nuggies
-Nice weather was seen, We went to eat at KFC
-Gladly, Keigo teesed me for being younger than him; Im only a month younger tho

{2017.03.09}

-I came, there were exactly 100 students. 
-A research proves 42 left due to stress, 38 were sent to the room
-Most importantly, The room has been proven by us, rebels to be where they put dead people
-Now, I have left my home. Sorry to Fuyumi, Natsuo, Shoto and Mom. But if they are involved, the school might kill them for being related to a rebel

{2017.11.21}

-Oh and, sure enough, they have ordered me to kill Shoto, I declined, but I don't know how much longer I can keep them alive
-The Rebels have made plans to escape the school; I'll burn the school, they'll help escape
-Downside is that I'll have to sacrifice myself

{2018.04.15}

-Emiko said that we should do more planning then do the escape on November
-A map of Dorushi School is in my 3rd drawer
-Dad seems to be coming to our school on November. No matter though.

~

Fuyumi put the thin notebook in her bag and checked the other drawers. As written, in the third drawer was a map of Dorushi School. She tried her best not to cry. 

Touya was the kindest person she had ever seen. He left his own family at such a young age, faking his own death, for these kids. She wiped her face. She stood up. She should check the map when they got back. She picked up the books; the photo album and Touya's journal, and the map of the school before it was burned down. 

She opened the door. Endeavor, her father was waiting for her. "Let's go, dad."

Endeavor noticed the sad tone and walked alongside Fuyumi. She had been there for about an hour. In the meantime, he'd been looking around and there was a suspicious amount of ashes. Around a year ago, when he came here, he had left quickly after visiting. He had smelled a burning scent but just thought it was himself. But it seems that he was very wrong. The whole place had burned down and he could guess who it was.

The two of them finally arrived at their home. Fuyumi finally talked, "Dad, Touya... was a really good kid" she seemed out of breath.

"Yes, he was. You know, he used to always take care of Rei when I didn't. And when I used to- train Shoto, he would always protect his brother. When you two were also still young, you guys used to cry a lot and Touya would always give you guys a hug. Even to me, a terrible father, he would bandage up my wounds.... Fuyumi, are you crying?" Endeavor asked.

Fuyumi wiped off her tears. Touya was such a kind kid. She showed the journal to her father "This is Touya's journal, he- he left us on purpose to save these kids and he... he died!" she cried. 

Endeavor read through the journal of his now 'dead' son. "Yes... I can see that- Fuyumi? I know this is a serious situation but... don't you feel something wrong in the wording?" he couldn't help but notice that the wording seemed weird.

Fuyumi blinked off her tears and looked at the journal. It was true. "2010... he would've been 5 years old, that must be why his spelling is a bit weird, but the front part of each part is perfectly written, as if it was written after he first wrote them... like this part, '-I don't know much but keigo is a reely gOOd frend', the last part seems really messy like a five year old's but the first part seems like... a thirteen year old's handwriting." she looked at the others and noticed similar differences. Fuyumi thought, what could've- 

"Wait, dad. Let's try taking the first letter of every part and..." Fuyumi wrote down each letter. Maybe Touya was sending a message. She looked at what she wrote. She clasped her mouth, awestruck. This was...