Chapter 21

(Chapter not revised!)

Y/N's POV

"Y/N..." The gentleman murmurs not even letting me finish what I was about to say as he looks at me with an astonished face, almost as if he were about to cry.

I look at the black-haired man with a frown of confusion. How does he know my name?

"Do we happen to know each other sir?" I ask in a confused but respectful voice, in my face designated a confused look.

At my question the man seems to stiffen, almost as if cold water had been thrown on him.

His eyes are as black as his hair, and they seem to be shiny.

"W-What...?" He asks in a quiet voice as he looks at me slightly astonished.

I look at him with a tilted head.

"What are you saying Y/N? I'm EunWoo, stop joking around," he says chuckling slightly, even though his behavior and emotions seem to hint at anything but positive emotions.

I shake my head in denial as i start to sweat coldly.

"Sir, I have to go home, please step aside and let me pass," I say in a serious voice.

This man's behavior is too suspicious and strange. I have to immediately leave.

The man steps forward and gets closer as he looks at me with a puzzled and confused expression.

"Y/N stop it, this is not funny. Where did you disappear all these months without telling me anything? You should have at least sent me a message or warned me," he says in an almost desperate and angry voice.

Feeling panicked and condemned by his words, I take two steps back and look at him with a frightened expression on my face.

He parts his lips on the verge of saying something else, but suddenly a trembling, shrieking voice interrupts him.

"Sir, can you move from here? You are blocking the entrance to the store!" Someone from outside shouts.

At that moment, the raven-haired boy turns around and from behind him appears a short, elderly woman with an angry wrinkled expression.

"Look this is a store, you can't block the street like this!" The elderly woman exclaims angrily.

"H-Huh...sorry ma'am, I didn't mean to block your entrance" the boy apologizes and bows with a sorry voice and attitude.

I decide to take advantage of this moment of distraction and slip away from the situation, maneuvering to pass through the little space available in the exit door.

I walk quickly as I catch my breath from the suffocating situation from which I managed to escape.

"Y/N! Come back here, wait!"

I turn around and see the man yelling after me, but at that moment I start running, trying to get as far away as possible.

I run without turning around behind, feeling exhausted by the total situation.

"Excuse me!" I keep repeating as I run through the crowded streets of Seoul and bump into busy strangers.

After what seemed like endless minutes of running, I finally turned into a quieter and desolate street, stopping and leaning a cold wall, trying to catch my breath.

"What just happened..." I mutter quietly to myself, panting, as I try to keep my breathing steady.

I couldn't shake the overwhelming sense of exhaustion that gripped me. My heart is racing as if it had a mind of its own, and every breath I take, feels like a laborious task.