Enter, the Gremlin

Jade breathed heavily as she ran up the long, long stairs. She had to get up there, and fast. Something was happening, and if she didn't... she didn't know, but she knew it was bad. The girl shook the pounding rain off her head, paying no further heed to it. There was no time.

Finally, she reached the top. A building of jade stood before her, beautiful, but damaged. Parts of the floors were cracked, and the outer walls were damaged. Jade stood in the open doorway, looking through her wet hair at the man who stood within. It was dark, so she couldn't see much, but what she did see were his eyes. Yellow and menacing. The man snarled, letting out a roar-like scream as he rushed at Jade. she got into a stance to counter and-

BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-

Jade's eyes, green like her namesake, shot open with a start and she sat up in bed.

"Fuck, no. Again?", she groaned as she ran a hand down her face, distressed by her dream. Her stressed expression soon turned into one of annoyance when she registered the digital alarm blaring on her bedside table. Without even looking at the alarm clock, she reached over with her fist and smashed it to pieces unceremoniously. Once the beeping stopped, she picked up the pieces with the same hand that had destroyed the clock and held it in front of her, staring down at the remains emotionlessly.

"Rest in pieces, alarm clock number twenty-seven. You served me well in your long life of nearly a week, doing your job of being annoying as fuck. I don't know why Mom keeps buying you for me.", Jade lamented, before silently chucking the murdered alarm clock into the metal trash can in the corner of her room, which visibly held the remains of other alarm clocks and even had a sign taped to the front reading 'Alarm Clock Mass-Grave' in black sharpie on a piece of line paper.

Jade gave the trash can the middle finger and got up to get dressed. Once she was done putting on her green 'Eat the Rich' t-shirt and black ripped jeans, she laced up her black high-tops on the edge of her bed and slipped on her black leather jacket, before rushing to the door and grabbing her green and black backpack, which sat in the corner opposite from the Alarm Clock Mass-Grave. Jade looked back and smiled at her room, waving goodbye.

"Bye Brucey, bye Cheryll! I better not catch you two trying to fuck on my bed again!", the girl bade. 'Brucey' was the Bruce Lee poster above her bed, and 'Cheryll' was a small flowering cactus on her windowsill, with a yellow sticky note on her pot that read 'Cheryll the Bitch Cactus'. Neither object responded, because they were objects, and Jade laughed at herself before leaving and shutting the door.

Jade dashed down the hall, sliding down the stair banister and landing on the hardwood floor of her living room, before running into the kitchen, where she smelt a rare treat; her Mom's cooking. The short girl took a seat at the island bar and looked at her mother and her flower print scrubs suspiciously. Jade's mother noticed this, and looked at her daughter with a raised eyebrow.

"What, do I have bacon grease on me or something?", she asked. Jade narrowed her eyes.

"Why are you cooking. You never cook. You're always at work by now because Tina's a dumb bitch and always manages to screw something up big time by seven am.", the green eyed girl stating, recalling the latest piece of gossip from her mother's late night phone conversations. Walls were thin and she talked loud when was mad. Jade's mother rolled her eyes and smiled fondly as she walked over to her daughter with a pan and a plate.

"I'm your mother, Jade. Is it so hard to believe I would want to cook for you every now and then?", she asked as she served two fried eggs and several pieces of bacon onto the plate she had set down in front of Jade. Jade looked at the food, and then her mother suspiciously.

"Actually it would, Anne.", she told her with a dry smile. Anne rolled her eyes again, knowing her daughter was just messing around, and went to make her own plate on the kitchen counter.