39 - Rivalry Out in the Open

Hi guys, here's one from the drafts! Enjoy ^_^

As Bakugou approached the door, his hand hovered hesitantly over the handle. He took a deep breath, steeling himself for what he might find inside. Pushing the door open, he entered the room, his eyes immediately falling upon Y/N's still form lying on the bed.

He felt a sense of relief when he saw her peaceful expression, the color back in her cheeks. She was fine, she was going to recover. 

His worry for her had been gnawing at him, but now, he was faced with a different kind of tension. He knew Todoroki would be there, by her side, and though he expected it, it still hit him like a punch to the gut.

The sight of him sitting by her side, his gaze fixed on her with a mixture of concern and tenderness as his hand held hers, made Bakugou's heart ache with jealousy, battling against his genuine worry for Y/N's well-being.

Todoroki looked up as Bakugou entered, his expression guarded. The tension in the room was palpable as their gazes locked, both aware of the underlying conflict between them. Bakugou's jaw clenched, his fists involuntarily tightening at his sides.

"You should leave," Bakugou's voice came out sharper than intended, laced with a tinge of hostility.

Todoroki's eyes grew hard. "I'm not leaving her side. What are you doing here, Bakugou?" His voice held a hint of challenge, mirroring the tension in the air.

Bakugou took a step closer, his voice sharp. "I could ask you the same thing, Half and Half. What gives you the right to be here?"

Todoroki's eyes narrowed, a flicker of defiance crossing his features. "I care about her." He paused, choosing his next words deliberately, "Just like you do."

Bakugou's anger surged within him, threatening to overwhelm his senses.

The silence stretched between them, their rivalry clashing with their shared concern for Y/N. The room felt heavy with unresolved tension, the air thick with the weight of their clear, but unspoken feelings lingering in the air.

Bakugou knew that Todoroki cared for Y/N, just as he did. But the affirmation only fueled the flames of jealousy burning within him.

Todoroki's voice broke the silence, his tone softer but laced with determination. "This isn't about you or me, Bakugou. It's about Y/N's well-being. We both care about her, and she needs all the support she can get."

A surge of anger coursed through Bakugou at Todoroki's calm demeanor - why was he always so damn composed?

His rage fueled his words. "And you think you're the support she needs? After everything you put her through? I thought last time, I made it clear to you that you're doing more harm than good, you bastard."

Todoroki's voice remained steady, though Bakugou didn't miss the way he winced. "I know I've made mistakes, and I'll regret them for the rest of my life. But it's different now. I'm here, and I'm here to stay, so you better get used to it, Bakugou. We both care about her, so that means we probably should get used to each other, as difficult as that might be."

Bakugou's gaze hardened, his eyes narrowing at Todoroki's words. "You think you know anything about me, you bastard? About how I feel? You don't know shit." 

Todoroki's jaw tightened, but he refused to back down. "I may not know everything about you, Bakugou, but I can see it in your actions and hear it in your voice. You care about her too."

Bakugou felt his heart race, the truth of Todoroki's words hitting him harder than he would ever admit. He wanted to deny it, to push back with anger and dismiss the idea, but deep down, he couldn't deny the way he felt about Y/N - not when Todoroki had him figured out. His fists clenched tight, his anger and frustration bubbling at the surface.