23 - (Y/N)'s Unexpected Saviors

Hi y'all! I hope you liked the chapters! Thank you all again for reading and liking and commenting, it makes me so happy! I read every single one of your comments and ughhhhh I just love you all so much.

Again, you get two chapters ^_^ although I'm sorry to say this is probably the last time I publish chapters constantly, please see the end of the chapter for more notes on this.

During homeroom, (Y/N) did her best to pretend everything was alright in her head. He needed to hear that. I did the right thing, right?

In her mind, chasing after him wouldn't do any good when she knew he was resolved to stay awy, and she didn't want to keep trying only to keep getting hurt by his indifference. She had a limit, and she figured that she would stop trying to seek him out and wait until he approached her when he worked all that angst out of his system.

She nodded to herself, putting those thoughts away to focus on class. It's for the best. For both of us.

Izuku and Yaoyorozu were then elected as class president and class representative respectively before heading off for lunch.

(Y/N) gathered her food and sat next to Izuku as he confessed to them that he thought he probably wasn't suited for class president, whilst Uraraka and Iida assured him that he was more than capable, with (Y/N) telling him to believe in himself more. They then moved on due to Uraraka's loveable tactlessness to talk about Iida's family.

"(L/N)-chan, are you okay? You're kind of spaced out," Uraraka asked her after a while with a furrow between her brows.

(Y/N) started, realising she had been spaced out. "Ah! Sorry guys! I'm fine, just...thinking about some stuff." She gathered her tray, her food half-eaten, "I think I'm going to clear my head for a bit though, I'll see you guys in class!"

Izuku and Uraraka shot her concerned looks, whilst Iida just looked confused.

"I'm fine," she promised them as she walked away, shooting them a genuine smile. She felt warm inside, knowing they cared about her. She was used to it from Izuku, but having Uraraka show concern after knowing her for only a few days was sweet.

She got rid of her food and took a deep breath, heading outside when suddenly a loud alarm rang through the building.

"There's been a Level 3 security breach," an electronic voice droned through the speakers, "all students please evacuate outdoors promptly."

(Y/N) was confused for a moment, before registering what was going on. She was already on her way out anyway, so she kept walking. However, suddenly faster than she could have imagined, a lot of students burst out into the hallway.

She felt her panic increase as she registered that soon enough she was going to get caught in a mob, looking around desperately to see if there was a way out before she heard her name being called out.

"(L/N)! Over here!" a hand was extended towards her, and she was relieved to see the soft pink colour that she associated with Ashido's.

(Y/N) immediately reached out and gripped her hand, feeling herself be pulled in right before a bigger sea of students crowded in.

She collided with Ashido's chest before she felt another two pairs of arms steady her.

"Are you okay?" she heard a loud voice by her ear, turning around to see Kaminari standing extremely close.

"Um, yes," she said, trying to take a step back, realising she had nowhere else to go as her back collided with a hard chest.

"Oh god, we're going to be crushed to death here, what an unmanly way to die," the owner of the chest groaned into her ear and she felt herself be somewhat more relaxed. At least she wasn't alone anymore.