Chapter 9

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wuxian, would you kindly help me?" Lan Zhen asked, a pile of scrolls on her arms. "Of course Madame!" Hua Ying, courtesy Wuxian as per Lan Haoshi's suggestion. Since he didn't feel like sharing his real courtesy name.

It had been a few years and Hua Ying was now sixteen. In all honesty, Lan Wangji had did a good job on hiding him from his parents. "The annual studies at cloud recesses would be starting soon, would you want to join Wuxian?" Lan Zhen had asked, they ventured to the library where they would be sorting out the the books that some deciples brought back.

"I don't know.... I mean, I probably know most of the things Shifu would be teaching" Hua Ying stayed. And yes, he calls Lan Qiren 'Shifu'. Growing up in a palace with unlimited information at your disposal because you were left alone for the being of your ten years of life.

"Alright then, you'll have the whole eight months to do whatever you please" Lan Zhen answered placing the scrolls on one of the tables. "And that reminds me, A'Zhan was looking for you. He should still be at...." She turned around to face the boy but he was gone. The scrolls he was holding carefully placed on the ground.

"Well.... I guess I can't beat love" Lan Zhen said amused.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wuxian, no running in cloud recesses" Lan Qiren's strict voice said, he was walking along with Lan Haoshi to the Hanshi, where Lan Xichen lived.

"Yes, of course shifu" Hua Ying slowed down but continued his way to the back mountains.

"Those boys" Lan Qiren sighed, feeling a headache start to form on thinking what rules the two would break this time. "Don't be so down Qiren, let them have the glow of their youth" Lan Haoshi retorted, happy that the two could live their youthful days with no worries. "I guess you are right" Lan Qiren agreed, "But the other deciples won't get the same treatment from me"

"Looks like someone is breaking a rule" Lan Zhen appeared behind the two men. "I am not" Lan Qiren tried to deny but he knew he was breaking one of the three thousand rules.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is it really time for the ceremony?" Hua Ying whined effectively burying himself in the flood of rabbits. "Mn." Lan Wangji replied getting up from where he was sitting. "You can go ahead then, I won't attend" Hua Ying stated getting some rabbits off from his hair. Lan Wangji nodded, making his way out of the back mountains before Lan Qiren comes to take him.

"I wonder if those guest deciples could cope up with the strict Lan rules" Hua Ying chuckled, reminiscing his reaction to seeing the three thousand rules he had to follow on a daily basis. Thankfuly he was given some slack by Lan Haoshi.

"Wishing them all the best is what I can only provide"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------