Chapter 3: Frying Pans and Duct Tape

"That sounds like pretty purposeful kidnapping to me, Miss Ortega," Officer Greene said skeptically. He pushed his sunglasses further down the bridge of his nose so he could see me properly.

"You didn't let me finish," I protested. "Allison made me kidnap them. I never wanted to!"

"You had the power to say no to her."

"You don't know Allison," I warned him. "You know how we're complete opposites? Well, I'm a poor girl who doesn't care about what she has unless she has a roof over her head and dinner on the table. Allison, on the other hand, if she doesn't get what she wants, bad things happen. Like, REALLY bad things."

"Like what?" Officer Greene inquired. He seemed genuinely confused.

"You'll see," I promised. "Or rather, hear. Now, where was I? Oh, right. Allison truly believed that she was in love with those guys, and she was going to make them love her back, no matter what. Somehow, she managed to drag me into it."

"You already said that," Officer Greene said.

I hid a smile behind my hand quickly. He sounded like a young boy who was hearing a story from his grandmother or something. Curiosity was written all over his face, even though he tried to hide it. I couldn't really blame him. This was a pretty interesting story.

"Sorry," I said, and I cleared my throat. "Um.... Oh, yeah, I was driving the tour bus away from the venue...."

*~*~*~*

I could hear Allison talking to the boys behind me as I drove, and I gnawed on my bottom lip anxiously. I decided to tune her out by singing Iron Maiden songs under my breath. Before long, I was rocking out and nodding my head, but I couldn't stamp my feet because I was driving.

I had no idea where I was going, but I did know that it was somewhere far, far away from the venue. No doubt that someone had discovered that the 5SOS guys were missing, and so was their tour bus. There was probably police crawling all over the case already. Allison and I were definitely screwed.

Why would she do this, anyway? She couldn't be this nuts, could she? Did she really believe that all four guys were going to fall head-over-heels for their kidnapper? I knew what she was thinking: Stockholm syndrome. But that was absolute bull, one of the craziest things I'd ever heard.

I had to stop this. But how? I was officially afraid of Allison, admittedly, so I couldn't go against her. Or could I? I was a black belt and she was nothing. That came out wrong, but I think you know what I meant. I could take her down, right?

"Reese," Allison called from the kitchen. "Don't pull over unless it's absolutely necessary. Like, for gas or something. Okay?"

I nodded but didn't respond. When she walked over to me, my heart leaped into my throat. She was brandishing a frying pan in her left hand. What the heck was wrong with her?

"Do you understand?" she demanded, giving me a hard stare.

I nodded again rapidly and gulped audibly. "Oh, yeah," I said. "You got it, Al."

She smiled and went back over to the guys, making me feel even more pathetic and nervous than before.

Since I couldn't pull over lest I get hit over the head with a frying pan, I drove well into the night. My eyelids began to droop, and I shook my head to keep myself awake. I was a safe driver, so I considered this an absolutely necessary time to pull over. I needed to rest.

I found a decent trailer park near a gas station, and I thought it was perfect. We were completely inconspicuous amongst the groups of trailers, and we were running low on gas. No one would suspect a thing here.