Chapter 5: Money and Pizza

(a/n) Wow, over two hundred reads on here already! That's incredible, thank you guys so much! I just have one request to make: Could you all please check out my story "Uni"? I love it so much, but not a lot of people are reading it. It's loaded with drama and mysteries, so if that interests you, I suggest that you check it out. Thanks for all your help! :) Now, on with the story!

Ten "One Hundred Cartons of Milk On the Wall" later, I was nodding off on the couch. I tried to force my eyes open, but it was hard. I was so tired, and Allison still hadn't woken up from her nap. Maybe she had more fun with the guys last night than I originally thought.

They were all asleep, or close to it. Michael and Ashton were sleeping with their chins on their chests, weird sounds coming out from behind their duct tape. Luke was leaning his head from side to side trying to get comfortable. Calum was struggling to keep his eyes open like me, but they would flutter shut every once in a while. I knew from personal experience that staying up all night to look at something was pretty difficult, even if that something was hot and spicy.

"I need to do something," I sighed, my voice hoarse.

I swallowed to wet my throat, and I stood up. Luke and Calum instantly looked at me. I only began to pace back and forth, trying to get the blood flowing back into my brain, trying to get energized. It didn't seem to work too well. I glared at the two guys tiredly when they wouldn't stop staring.

"What're you looking at?" I demanded.

They didn't reply. After a moment or two, Calum muttered something and shut his eyes freely. Two minutes later he was snoring like the others.

But Luke still wouldn't go to sleep. Maybe he was an insomniac. He looked tired, but he was still awake. I held his gaze, but I was too exhausted and annoyed to have a staring contest with him. I glanced away after a few seconds.

"Oh, who am I kidding?" I muttered as I plopped down on the couch. "You guys aren't going anywhere. Keeping watch is useless. Good night, everyone."

I practically collapsed on my side and shut my eyes, ready for sleep. Against my better nature, I squinted them open just a bit to see how Luke would react. Would he try to wake his friends and escape? Would he try to attack me? But he didn't move at all. He only turned his head towards the ceiling, then at the ground, and then didn't move at all.

Maybe I could trust these guys. I hoped so, because I didn't want to die an early death from sleep deprivation.

*~*~*~*

"Reese, what is this?"

I groaned and forced my eyes open. Allison was glaring at me with her arms folded over her chest. The guys were still sleeping across from me, including Luke. Maybe he was sleep-conscious, and that's why it took him forever to fall asleep. That was funny.

"What?" I mumbled. "What is what?"

"You fell asleep on guard duty?" my crazy friend demanded. "They could've escaped! They could've attacked us while we were out or something! I thought I could trust you!"

"You can," I insisted as I sat up. "Look, Al. They're asleep, not trying to escape. We're safe. This was a trust test. I wasn't actually out for the first few hours. I only pretended to be so I could see how they would react. They didn't do anything. I think your charm might be working, Al. I think they're starting to fall for you."

Even I knew that I was putting the flattery on too thick. Allison raised her eyebrows at me, but she didn't look as angry as before. In fact, she smiled the slightest bit and quickly glanced at the guys.