Author's Note

Author's Note

It's hard to believe that I started this story in April or May of 2015 (or was it February?) and I'm finishing it a year later. That's a little sad, don't you think? It's just that sometimes I don't feel inspired to write, and other times it feels like no one really cares about my stories. I'm sorry, but it's true.

But hey, we should be celebrating! It's finally over! This is probably one of my more successful stories, and I'm glad that this is the first 5SOS story I've finished. It wasn't easy, to tell you the truth. When I first started, I had no idea where I was going with it. Reese was supposed to be gentler, not as hard-headed or headstrong as she is, and she was supposed to end up with Luke. But then all of these new ideas began to formulate in my head, and this was created. To be honest, I kind of like the outcome. My other ideas sucked.

Speaking of sucking, that was a terrible ending. My other stories are usually longer and more developed, since I try to make them seem more realistic. But people don't read stories to be reminded of reality, do they? I took a Creative Writing class this year, and it taught me what readers are really looking for in a story. I deleted maybe two or three filler chapters from this book to make it shorter and more exciting, and it honestly broke my heart. But I'm glad that I'm learning, because hopefully someday this will help me be more successful in the competition for New York Times bestseller.

Anyway, as you can see, I really like to babble, and if you're interested in hearing from me again, then you should totally follow me on here and Twitter (usernames are in my description). If you DON'T want to hear from me again and only like me for my stories, I totally understand. That's what I'm going to be talking about next.

I have four stories in my Currently Writing reading list: "Asylum", "Demigods", "She's Kinda Hot", and "Lyric Locked". They're all 5SOS fanfics, but "Demigods" also has 1D and Percy Jackson intertwined with it.

This is where you guys come in. I've been getting demands to finish "Asylum", and believe me, I want to. But it's been on hold for so long, I don't know if I can actually finish it. If your guys' answer is to continue it, then I will. It'll just take me a while because I'll have to reread the Asylum Series by Madeleine Roux in order to be inspired again (sick series, by the way, you should totally check it out). Comment here if you think that I should continue "Asylum".

As for "Demigods", I am really excited to write it, so there's no lack of inspiration there. I'll be continuing to update it every Saturday, but I still want to know if you guys are interested in it at all.

I'm probably going to delete "She's Kinda Hot". There's kind of a plot behind it, but it's all weird and inappropriate and deals with really serious matters, and I don't feel very comfortable writing it. However, if you like the two parts that I have posted, comment here if you think that I should continue it.

Finally, "Lyric Locked" has been something that I really, really want to continue, but, unfortunately, my co-author is no longer on Wattpad. She was the source of the humor and plot ideas, so I don't really know what to do. I'm probably going to rewrite the chapters that I have right now because they SUCK, but y'all need to let me know if it's worth keeping. I only want to write something that I know you guys will read.

So, that's the game plan. I'm going to try really hard not to start any new stories, but if you're an older reader, then you know that's pretty much impossible for me. I welcome all new 5SOS fans to my profile, even if I have been writing this for about a year. Don't be afraid to check out my 1D stories as well. I've had people who hate One Direction read my stories and change their minds.

Wow, this is a really long author's note, but I just wanted everyone to know what's happening after IAK5SOS. A sequel is still in debate; I suck at writing sequels, but I've had this idea bouncing around in my head for a while now. On another note, I bought a story idea from the lovely @Kungster called "Passport", and it's about Michael losing his passport and 1) getting kidnapped by a crazed fan, or 2) finding a cute girl who loves to prank. Both are pretty exciting to me, but I don't know which one to go with. The first would probably be a spin-off of IAK5SOS, the second would most likely be a thing on its own. What do you guys think?

Anyway, I love you guys so much, and I'm sorry that I don't tell you that more often. All of your reads, votes, and comments mean the world to me, and I cannot express how happy it makes me when I see my stories grow because of you. I owe all of my successes to you guys. Thank you for everything and sticking it out with me till the very end of this story. I hope to hear from you all again soon. :)))

Stay Beautiful, my lovelies!
-Sammi <3