/due/

Saturday, 3.4.2015

I glanced at the clock for what seemed to be the tenth time in two minutes but the front door still hasn't opened to reveal his tall, muscular body and the handsome features females all over the world drool over him for. His bright, piercing eyes still haven't laid upon mine and it was already past eleven in the night.

"Come on Claudio" I muttered under my breath, unlocking my phone to check if he had made any effort to text me, but it's needless to say that he didn't.

Just as the numbers changed from 23:34 to 23:35, the door opened and the man that had used to make me feel loved like none other stepped in. His hair was messy and he seemed to be tired and completely out of breath which doesn't happen to a professional football player that often.

"Chisio!" I called out worried, hurrying over to him before embracing him tightly, "I was w-"

"Let go of me" Claudio's harsh voice cut me off as he pushed me away from his body as if I was a nasty insect he needed to get rid of.

"What is up with you and where have-"

"Leave me alone Isabella!" he yelled, his jaw gritted and every single muscle of his tensed as he balled his hands into fists.

I had to admit that the sight probably would've been pretty hot and more than enjoyable but the furious twinkle in his eyes scared me more than anything; it looked so dangerous, so terrifying as if his hand would connect with my cheek any moment.

Our faces were only centimeters apart but we acted like strangers, at least he did and I had to return the cold gestures and weird handling.

But I couldn't.

It's Claudio, my Claudio, and I felt so intimidated under his severe stare that I brought my hands up to my face to cover it, seeing the worst coming. Small tears walled up in my eyes as I began to realize how much my boyfriend for two years changed; how little still existed from the old, loving man on my side.

The silence in the room seemed like the calm before the storm and ended with Chisio moving.

Expecting the worst, I winced and peeked through my fingers to see Claudio, my Claudio stepping and turning away from me. He groaned loudly in frustration as he moved his hands through his hair before climbing the stairs up to the bedroom fastly without another word.

I stood frozen onto the spot, only being able to take my hands from my face after wiping the tears.

What happened to us?

What happened to him?

I made my way over to the couch, shaking terribly and grabbed Chisio's hoodie off of the floor, pressing it against myself as I lay down.

The familiar scent filled my nose and calmed me down as more and more tears wettened the cotton material. I tugged my knees to my chest as I heard sounds from upstairs until I could hear him coming down to me.

His steps moved closer and closer to the couch until his fragnance filled my nostrils and a hand touched my cheek softly, caressing it gently; almost carefully.

"Mi dispiace Bella, amore mio" I am sorry Bella, my love.

Claudio's raspy whisper had been followed by a lingering kiss pressed to my earlobe before his thumbs wandered to my eyes and wiped the tears that kept escaping them.

I shifted a bit to create some space for him on the couch and he gladly noticed and lay down beside me, tangling our bodies and legs together as he continued rubbing my back reassuringly.