/epilogue/

The beach is barely lightened; only a few lampions and the stars above spend a little brightness to make me notice my surroundings better. A blanket is placed on the soft sand I feel underneath my bare feet and surrounded by patterns of red roses.

I gush at the beautiful sight of this and bring my hands up to cover my opened mouth.

"This is simply amazing Chisio."

As I feel strong, muscular arms wrap around me, I hear him chuckle lightly before a quick kiss is being pressed to my temple.

"I am a proud Italian, what did you expect?"

I can't help myself but laugh at his sassy remark, turning around in his arms to face him. Our eyes stay locked for some peaceful, wonderful moments before his hands wander from my waist to wrists that rest at his shoulders. I am being spun around by my boyfriend before he gestures to the blanket hectically.

"Let's sit and eat."

I nod in response and carefully sit down on the blanket, pressing the skirt of my dress to my skin as I didn't want to show anything off. Claudio lets himself down opposite from me and begins to unpack the basket I only notice now next to us. A bottle of wine, grapes, fluffy white bread, tomatoes with mozzarella and basilicum join us on the blanket, causing me to chuckle.

"You're all Italian today, aren't you?"

Claudio only winks before snatching a grape and guiding the hand towards my mouth. I open it in order to be able to let the sweet fruit juice float my senses but Chisio only grins smugly at me before eating the grape himself.

"Hey!" I protest, "I thought you were going to go all gentleman-like today."

"Food is something you don't joke with." Claudio advices me as he pulls out glasses to fill in the red wine.

I shake my head at his reply and grab a grape for me myself, turning my head towards the sky.

I couldn't believe how lucky I have gotten during the last few weeks; it felt like all problems eliminated themselves magically. First of all, Ciro actually stayed out of my life and didn't make any attempts to crawl back which made it a lot easier to move on. Secondly, only three days after we had had our serious talk when Claudio had picked me up, he asked me to be his girlfriend again and I said yes, of course. I moved in with him again immediately and our lives went on quite normally as if the last few months had never happened.

Today is the third date after we got together again and it couldn't be more beautiful with the stars shining on the nightsky, the waves trumbling into each other and a light breeze blowing my hair out of my face.

It is simply perfect.

"What are you thinking about?" Claudio sounds happily as he hands me a glass of wine.

"Just about everything. How lucky I am."

A smile plays on Chisio's lips as he reaches into the basket again, placing the wine glass beside him on the blanket and hiding a little something behind his back.

"I planned on doing this later, but it also works this way."

I feel tears of happiness pricking to my eyes and my heart beating ten times faster the moment I see the blue velvet box in his hands.

My hands shake and my mind is completely gone; everything I feel is pure happiness but not the kind that fills you when your marks are greater than usual or someone compliments you.

It felt like all the pretty colours are mixed together and are placed in my stomach; shining brightly and lighting me up from the inside.

Yellow for the sun that beamed down on us when we first met.
Orange for the dress I wore when we went on our first date.
Red for the many roses he brought to every single following date.
Purple for the sunsets we watched during our first vacation in Croatia.
Pink for the lipstick stains I left all over his cheeks and neck, embarrassing him infront of all his teammates with them.
Blue for the jerseys I always wear when I accompany him to matches for the national selection, cheering for him no matter the weather or the game.

And a mix of all these colours for this special night, an unforgettable one I'd like to remember in fifty years time when I will be sitting next to him on the sofa, watching telenovelas and thinking of our own telenovela-like life that took place so many years ago and costed us so many tears.

Sometimes, you need time to realize who the right one is and who doesn't really care about you even though the person pretends to.
Sometimes, it needs courage and strength to get through rough times all relationships contain.
Sometimes, you don't see the luck because it's not obvious to you at first.
But once you're there at your destination, having mastered all kinds of situations with that one special person, you know it's the one.

Claudio is the one.

*The End*

I really hope you enjoyed this cheesy ending, and i know the last paragraphs arent the best i can do but i am not good with all the romantic stuff.

I want to thank every person that inspired and helped me to write this, you are all such great people and i can call myself lucky to get to know you through this app. (Goosebumps alert)

Thank you for all the votes, comments and love!

I freaking love you, i am not able to put my feelings in words.

Ally💓