Safe?

~An hour before he saves Stiles~

Derek Hale was pissed and his wolf was very restless and needed to get free. He needed to get out of the house before he was going to blow up at someone.

Walking up to his bedroom, he removed his jeans, shoes, socks, shirt and boxers. Going over to his closet, he grabs his small bag, puts a pair of sweatpants, tank top and trainers into it, before opening his window, throws out his bag and jumps out of it. When he hits the ground, he's already in his wolf form.

Shaking his body and stretching, Derek grabs his bag with his teeth, moves over to a tree, drops his bag for later and without looking at the house, he lets his wolf take control before running into the forest at full speed.

This was what made Derek happy. He feels free in his wolf form. No stress from the outside world, no sisters bitching at him about everything, no parents annoying him about what he should call his business and what he still needs to choose for colors and flooring or when are you going to start dating?

Derek was a baker. He loved being in the kitchen as a child and loved making pastries, cakes, breads, pies and more. So after high school, Derek went to the UK for culinary school and business. He graduated at the top of his class, got A's in everything and even helped the teachers when they needed extra hands. The kitchen was always his happy place, so after six years of college, he came home and looked around town for a good place to open up his bakery.

So here he was running through the woods to blow off some much needed distressing.

The snow started to fall more heavily. Covering the ground all in white. Making it look magical and making his wolf feel happy and free. Rolling around like a puppy. Just enjoying life.

As he played, he suddenly heard a snapping of metal and a painful yowl coming from deeper into the wood near the lake.

Jumping up and shaking himself clean of the snow, Derek sniffed the air and the smell of fear, sickness and blood hit him like a ton of bricks, making him lower himself a little, letting out a whimper.

Derek then took over from there. He needed to focus on what was going on around him. If an animal was injured, then there was nothing he could do about nature.

Sniffing the air again, Derek could smell blood, fear and sickness, but there was something else there. A smell of Fall, vanilla, and pumpkin spice. It smelled like heaven, but there was something else, but he couldn't figure out what it was, but all he knew was that this animal was a were-creature and it was injured and needed help. Letting out a small growl, Derek took off running to where the animal was.

(A/N: I love fall and pumpkin spice, so I needed to add that fact into my story. Hehehe)

Trees flew by Derek as he ran, his feet barely touching the ground. Snow and leaves being kicked up from the force of his powerful paws.

Derek stops just before he hits the lake. Scanning his eyes around for the animal.

There! His wolf says in his head.

Looking near the tree line, Derek sees a fox. It was struggling to get free from what looks to be like a very old bear trap. Its leg was covered in blood and lifeless. Moving his eyes over its body, Derek could see that the fur was limp, ribs peaking out from its side, tail a lot less fluffy and it was panting very hard. It was sad to look at. It was very sick and really needed help.

Derek noticed that its fur was orange, with white and black fur, but also purple mixed in. It was breathtaking. It also meant that this fox wasn't a regular fox. It was a were-fox.