Chapter 6: The Fall of The False Saint

Kei's POV

"To Kushida-san's downfall~~!"

"You want me to be there?!" I was surprised.

"Yeah!" she was smiling so cheerfully. Honestly, to think she'll have an expression like this while saying something so messed up is honestly disturbing.

"Why? You don't need me to be there!" I asked. There was no reason for me to be there. Kiyotaka was correct in saying that she could easily do this all by herself.

"I want someone to be a witness to her downfall besides me and the cultists." she answered.

"A witness? For what?" I asked.

"Once Kushida-san is expelled from school, there's going to be a lot of people asking questions. I want to have a reliable neutral witness present so that, once people ask about it, you'll be there to answer them."

"I'm not exactly a neutral party here, Yuki-san." I pointed out. "I'm on your side."

"You're right, but in the eyes of the students, you are a neutral party. You are simply Kiyotaka's girlfriend that just so happened to watch me destroy Kushida-san and get her expelled. The reason why you didn't help her is because Kushida-san had betrayed the class to eliminate your boyfriend, but you have no personal grudge against her, and therefore, opted to just watch her suffer."

"That doesn't paint me as a neutral party at all, Yuki-san!" I said.

"It does. You didn't help me, nor did you help Kushida-san. You just watched everything unfold. I'm painted as the bully that tormented her because she betrayed the class because of what Kiyotaka told me, and she's painted as the villain that finally got what she deserved. That is the most neutral way of putting it without getting into confidential territory."

I can understand why she would want a witness. After all, there's a chance that Kushida-san will still be remembered as the kind girl that just succumbed to the bullying she suffered, and Yuki-san wanted to prevent that, so she wants a witness who would tell the truth, but I didn't understand why she would want me as a witness.

"Nobody will trust my story because I'm Kiyotaka's girlfriend! They would never view me as a neutral party here!" I said.

"The fact that you didn't do anything because you're Kiyotaka's girlfriend is already enough to convince everyone of her villainy. Why would you not help Kushida-san if she didn't do those things?"

"Do you have any idea what kind of reputation I have in the school? The students think that I am a headstrong bitch. If I spread that story, people will think that I was just trying to ruin her reputation!"

I have never once cursed the fact that I was a parasite more than now.

"So who should I get as witness then?" Yuki-san was pretty upset. Not that I can blame her. I guess I should suggest her, then.

"What about Horikita-san?"

"Her? Why?"

"She is still our class's recognized leader, and Kiyotaka originally left Kushida-san to her anyway. Bringing her to be the witness is credible since she's the class leader. Hirata-kun is also an option, but he is a pacifist, so I doubt he'll help expel someone." I said.

"Horikita-san, huh? I guess she's a good alternative." Yuki-san agreed. "Fine, we'll contact her tomorrow, then."

"Yeah." I yawned. "I need to go to sleep first..."

"Sure! I'll see you tomorrow, Kei-chan!"

"See you tomorrow...."

With that, I left for my room to sleep.