Prologue

Formed as two halves of the same whole, Everest and Naida were extraordinary twins, bound together by a mystical connection that allowed them to command the very forces of nature. Their purpose was to maintain harmony among the elements, intervening only in matters that transcended the mortal realm. Nevertheless, their true passion lied in exploring the vast wonders of the world surrounding them.

Naida, possessing remarkable skills with swords and daggers, crafted a legendary weapon imbued with the essence of a whale's heart and the fiery spirit of a dragon. She named it 'Fire Storm.' With uncanny precision, she could hurl her blade through the air, cutting down any foe unfortunate enough to stand in its path. In addition to her prowess as a warrior, Naida possessed the extraordinary ability to communicate and cooperate with animals. Riding her majestic phoenix companion, Falcon, she engaged in deep conversations with the creature, explaining how it felt like having an additional voice within her own mind.

In stark contrast to his sister's fierce nature, Everest embodied kindness and gentleness. His unwavering positivity allowed him to perceive the best in every situation, earning him a reputation as a skilled diplomat and peacemaker. Even the most bitter enemies could find solace in his presence, as he possessed the rare gift of forging peace where others saw only conflict. Everest displayed remarkable mastery of archery, never once missing his mark. In hand-to-hand combat, he proved to be a formidable adversary, capable of matching Naida's formidable skills.

During one of his diplomatic missions, Everest found himself captivated by the grace and beauty of a kind princess. He yearned for a mortal life with her, to share their existence until death claimed them both. Yet, the immutable nature of their being forbade such a union. Desperate for a solution, the princess divulged the existence of a powerful sorceress capable of removing Everest's immortality.

In his innocence and longing, Everest agreed to seek out the sorceress. Unbeknownst to him, however, it was all an insidious trap. The potion he received, supposedly the means to his mortal life, turned out to be a malevolent elixir, binding him to a new and maleficent master. Under this wicked dominion, Everest was ordered to imprison Naida within a tomb, shattering the delicate equilibrium of the elements. With Naida's confinement, the once free-flowing rivers and oceans stagnated, making water an elusive and precious resource. Pollution tainted the remaining water sources, rendering them dangerous to consume, and rain became a rare occurrence limited to the vicinity of Naida's tomb.

Uncontrolled fires ravaged the land without rhyme or reason, consuming both animal and plant life. Survival in this distorted world became a relentless struggle, with essential resources dwindling rapidly. The malevolent master hoarded all the food and water, distributing only meagre rations to his people while reserving the lion's share for himself. It became a world where the master's desires were paramount, and anyone who dared to defy him was met with swift and merciless death. The lives of the inhabitants became a mere existence, as they were enslaved to the master's will, their every whim suppressed beneath the weight of tyranny.