Chapter 3

In Nadia's dream, she found herself walking down a desolate road, the air heavy with a sense of foreboding. As she continued her journey, a glimpse of movement caught her attention. Her eyes widened with concern as she spotted a wounded creature lying by the roadside.

Driven by compassion, Nadia rushed towards the injured animal, ready to offer aid. However, as she drew nearer, her heart skipped a beat, for the wounded creature revealed its true form—a magnificent tiger, its coat adorned with vibrant stripes, and its eyes gleaming with an intense, piercing yellow.

The tiger paced back and forth with a restlessness that sent shivers down Nadia's spine. Its teeth, sharp and formidable, were borne in a fearsome display. In that moment, Nadia could feel the weight of danger looming, the threat of the tiger's lethal power.

Without a moment's hesitation, the tiger lunged towards Nadia, propelled by a raw instinct to defend itself. In a remarkable display of courage and survival, Nadia swiftly reacted, instinctively defending her own life. With a surge of strength and determination, she raised her weapon—an ethereal blade that seemed to materialize in her hand—and aimed it towards the charging tiger.

The blade found its mark with astonishing precision, plunging deep into the tiger's flesh. A moment of intense struggle ensued, as Nadia fought against the tremendous force of the beast. With one final, mighty thrust, the blade pierced through the tiger's heart, bringing it to a sudden and definitive end.

As the life drained from the tiger's eyes, Nadia felt a mixture of triumph and sorrow. She stood there, her breath heavy and adrenaline coursing through her veins, surrounded by the echoes of her own actions.

Nadia's heart sank as she heard the faint whimper of a tiger cub, a sound so full of pain and helplessness. Her eyes widened with remorse and a deep sense of guilt washed over her. In her quest for survival, she had failed to see the bigger picture, the connection between the wounded tiger and its cub.

With trembling hands, Nadia approached the fallen cub, her eyes welling up with tears. The cub lay there, its tiny body growing weaker with each passing moment. Nadia knelt down beside it, her heart heavy with the weight of her actions.

As the cub took its final breath, Nadia was overwhelmed by a profound sense of loss. She felt the weight of the cub's life slipping away, a life that could have thrived if only she had understood the tiger's intentions and acted differently.

Grief and regret consumed Nadia as she realized the consequences of her actions. She vowed to carry the memory of the cub within her, a constant reminder of the importance of empathy and understanding, and the devastating consequences that can arise from hasty judgments.

In that moment, Nadia made a silent promise to herself—to strive for compassion, to seek understanding before taking action, and to be mindful of the interconnectedness of all beings.

Nadia's heart pounded in her chest as she heard her brother's voice calling out to her. She turned around, her eyes widening with both hope and horror as she laid eyes on Everest, breathless and injured. Blood stained his lips, and his voice trembled with desperation.

With a surge of determination, Nadia pushed herself forward, her feet carrying her towards her beloved brother. But as she closed the distance, a devastating sight awaited her—the sight of a sword piercing through Everest's chest, the weapon she recognized all too well.

Her steps faltered, her body frozen in disbelief and anguish. The world around her seemed to blur as she tried to comprehend the cruel reality unfolding before her eyes. Everest's pleas for help echoed in her ears, each cry tearing at her soul.

Driven by love and desperation, Nadia fought against the invisible force that held her back, straining to reach her brother. But no matter how hard she tried, Everest seemed to drift further away, his figure receding into the distance. The pain in her heart matched the intensity of her struggle, as she yearned to hold him, to protect him from harm.