A Hard Choice

My eyes widen at the realization of who it was. Sampo?! I've been trying to catch this guy for over a year now! Why did he always appear at the worst times? Shouldn't he be in the Underworld anyway!

I walked up to him and knelt beside him. He was hiccuping, and giggling to himself.

"Sampo. Sampo Koski."

I said, shaking him a bit. He looked up at me with dazed eyes. His whole face was flushed, sweating a bit. He took a moment to process who I was.

"Hic! Ahh! If it isn't Milversane gward!"

He laughed loudly but then started crying.

"Damn gward! Whut's the hic! point anymowe?! You never pay attention to-- hic! ME! All you ever do is chase after those sho -called outsiders!"

Wow, the alcohol sure did get to him.

I raised a brow in confusion.

"The outsiders? They are no longer wanted criminals in Belobog. What are you talking about, Kos--"

Before I could finish, he put his index finger over my lips and hushed me.

"You don't need to apologize, dear gward. hic! Sampo Koski forgives you."

Forgives me? He was the one who would steal priceless objects from Belobog. Then again, he was drunk. Arguing with a drunk man was like reasoning with a wall. No use.

Right when I was about to help him up, he passed out! Ugh. Always making me do extra work. Taking him back to the underworld would be too hard, considering how late it was getting. Besides. I don't even know where he lives. Taking him to my place sounds so wrong. But It's not like I have any other choice, do I? Arresting him while he's in such a vulnerable state would go against everything I've worked so hard for.

"Don't you dare make me carry you! Hey. Wake up. Sampo I demand that you wake up at once--"

My sentence was interrupted by the loud sound of Sampo's drunk snores. How obnoxious Oh . Yet he looked so peaceful. I hate to admit it, but I didn't have the heart to wake him up.

I pinched his cheek in annoyance. I guess there's no escaping it now. I propped him up into my arms and lifted him. He owes me BIG TIME.