An Delicious Dinner

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but Sampo's dinner was absolutely marvelous. My taste buds felt the sensation, every bite. He watched me in suspense, waiting for me to say something. I tried to think of something. 

"It's yummy.."

Seriously..? "Yummy"? Ugh, wasn't I just great at making a fool out of myself in front of this guy?

Surprisingly enough, his whole face lit up in excitement, and I couldn't help but feel my face heat up from such a reaction. 

He sat down on the opposite side of the table. Half of me wanted to ask him why he didn't sit beside me. But I held my tongue. 

"Well... How was your day, Geppie?"

My eyes widen and my cheeks flushed. "Geppie...?" He'd always tease me by calling me by the nickname Serval had given me, growing up. For some reason, I didn't feel so offended.

"Well... I thought... I mean... I've heard serval call you by that name a few times.."

"I don't mind."

"And I-- Wait what?"

"I'm not repeating myself."

I went back to eating with a red face.

Dinner was... Silent. I didn't like it. I was wondering why Sampo wasn't saying anything. I decided to rip the bandaid off and began a conversation. 

"Uhm.. I.. er.."

I was embarrassed of my stuttering. I wanted to say something and yet nothing came out of my mouth. 

I was too busy looking down at my lap to look up to see Sampo's face. 

"Do you.. want to ask me how my day was..??"

He asked me softly. 

"Well.. yes.."

"Then I'll tell you all about it."