[ - Fighting a dragon that she loves - ]

( a little a/n here to make yall understand more before reading, i headcanon dark cacao is a dragon and he is also related to longan dragon and frost queen so that makes him rlly powerful )

It was midday, and Hollyberry Cookie was at the inn, taking a swig of some berry juice. "Ah, what an evening! I wonder though, where could Dark Cacao be? He was here a few hours ago." The pink haired queen asked one of the inn keepers. "I haven't seen King Dark Cacao Cookie, queen mother." The inn keeper said, cleaning a glass. Hollyberry didn't seem to mind that he wasn't with her, not like she cared. She knew that he didn't like bustling crowds, and she was totally fine with it! The queen mother turned her head to see a few guards jogging in her direction. "Queen mother! The kingdom is in distress! A dragon that is really large is attacking!" The guards said in unison. Hollyberry set her drink quickly on the counter, abandoning it. She booted out the door, to find the sky cloudy, full of smoke. Some cookies were, turned into stone?! Cookies shrieked here in there, running in different directions. There was a ground-shaking roar, and a huge purple and silver dragon appeared. 

"Oh crumbs."

Hollyberry readied her shield. "Where did this dragon come from!? Sure, it looks majestic and quite familiar, but I need to fight this thing!" 

"We aren't sure where it came from.." The guards said, looking as if they lost a battle. "Ah, you two are no help. I'll go fight it myself!" Hollyberry ran up towards the dragon, wielding her shield and protecting the civilians from the breaths of purple fire. "Don't look at it! It will turn you into stone!" Someone said. The dragon charged for Hollyberry and knocked her down. "GAH!" She fell to the ground, panting. "YOU PESKY DRAGON!" Hollyberry charged for the dragon, her shield doubling in size, though it was miniscule compared to the giant lizard. The dragon wacked it's tail on Hollyberry's back, which caused her to fly up. Surprised, the pink-haired queen was speechless, but decided to charge for the dragon where she was currently. "Come on! Give up you pesky dragon!" As she got closer and closer, she didn't see a dragon anymore. She saw Dark Cacao Cookie. Hollyberry's eyes widened as she lowered her shield. "W-wha-?" The queen mother rammed into the dragon, landing on it's scaley hand. "No! No no no! Everyone! STOP!" Hollyberry shouted. The crowd looked dumbfounded and confused.

"Everyone, stop it! This isn't any ordinary dragon, it's uh.." Hollyberry didn't want to give away that it was Dark Cacao, to protect his reputation. "It's a special dragon to me, and I don't want to hurt it. As Pure Vanilla Cookie says, we use kindness, no fighting! Now, everyone, calm down once I try to calm this dragon d-" Hollyberry was thrown to the ground. She grunted, sitting up. "Queen mother! Are you okay? I'm not sure this dragon would listen.." Wildberry said, helping Hollyberry up. "I can do this myself, everyone, fix this place and take shelter." The queen mother shouted at the crowd (not in a mean way.) Hollyberry turned around, sighing. All the cookies in went in buildings and shut their doors and windows. Only Hollyberry, Wildberry and the dragon were outside now. "Oh my love, why did you do this?" Hollyberry started to tear up. "Wait, that's Dark Cacao?" Wildberry looked at his queen mother in worry. The Queen nodded. "Well, it may not be his fault. Sometimes dragons go "rabid" for a while, it's natural." Wildberry looked at the ground. Hollyberry sighed and went up to the dragon. 

"Calm down, my love, please.." She started to full out sob. The dragon was quiet, and had a look of sympathy on it's face. Hollyberry hugged the dragon's tail, even though it was 20x the size of her. The dragon shut it's eyes, and started to cry purple tears. 

(they are having their steven universe future moment) 

The dragon started to disform, and then suddenly the next thing Hollyberry knew, Dark Cacao was falling from the sky. Luckily, she caught him and held him close. "Cao?" She asked, but Hollyberry would get no answer, only a mumble. "I'm not mad at you, Cao. I know it isn't your fault." Suddenly,  Hollyberry felt her dress get wet with tears. "M' Sorry-" Dark Cacao said, a little drowsy. "It's okay my love." 

"Its okay."

------------------------------------------

bONUS HAHA 

The Hollyberry kingdom was being rebuilt. Cookies were rebuilding their homes and stores, and Dark Cacao watched from one of the windows of the Hollyberry palace. The door to the room opened, and the bitter king had no clue what to do. "Don't worry! It's just me. Feeling better?" Hollyberry walked in, holding a basket of pies. Dark Cacao shook his head. "Pshyically, I'm fine. Mentally, not at all." 

"D'awh, it's okay. It technically wasn't your fault since you couldn't control it, so don't sweat it! I'm not mad at you." Hollyberry smiled, hugging Dark Cacao. 

"I love you."

"I love you too, Cao." 

(more food 😁 )