Chapter : 2

Lord Aelius' POV:

As I watched Lady Selene setting the moon down, a smile crept on my face and without my knowledge. I didn't even realise that I was staring at her. Lady Selene turned to walk towards her room in a lazy manner as if she was too tired too even walk. Her slightly closed eyes, her furrowed eyebrows and her cute little pout made me wonder that how can she look so adorable even if she was tired?

I wanted to meet her, to talk to her. But all this can't be possible Because guardians from opposite powers can't meet each other.

While I was working, I saw the Guardian of Greens (Plants) all worried. When I peeked a look there, I saw that the trees and plants growing were all dried up. And soon I understood why. The power of the sun was more today and because of it, it was radiating more sunlight which was harmful for the living things.

************
                 Third Person's POV :  

The Guardian of the Greens didn't knew  what to do as he was already troubled. He went towards the rivers and the oceans and called for the Guardian of Water. Soon she came and the Guardian of the Greens, Lord Sage explained Lady Marissa, the Guardian of Water about the situation and she accepted to help him.

Lady Marissa went towards the plants and splashed some water on them. Then she created a water ball on her hand and jerked it towards the ground. The water ball transformed into a rope and seeped into the soil. The now seeped water went to the roots of those plants and filled them up.

Because of this, the dried plants were finally getting better and they stood happily in the scorching heat of the sun. But many of the plants had already withered. And this is, what made Lord Sage more tensed because if the plants continued to dry up, then there would be no left and this would cause destruction to the livings on the Earth.

Lady Marissa was troubled too because the heat of the sun was increasing day by day and the water was drying up due to this. It was summer after all. Usually, Lady Marissa used to store some water and Lord Aelius' Sun radiation would help the water to get evaporated and then Lady Aethra, Guardian of the Winds would hold the gaseous form of water and condense them into clouds.

But, this summer the sun's heat was too much. And this was frightening everyone out. Lady Marissa decided that they should talk to the Head of the Guardians. Lady Marissa gathered up the Guardians and they all together went to meet the Head of the Guardian. Lady Selene was not there as she was busy drifting off. And Lord Aelius couldn't come as he need to take care of the sun because if he joined them, then the sun would not be on its proper place and it was necessary to control the radiations coming from the sun.

The Head of the Guardian decided to keep the meeting at night so in that way, Lady Selene and Lord Aelius both would be present there.

***********

It was night time already, all of the Guardians were gathered up even Lady Selene, as it was a moonless night. While the other guardians were talking. Lord Aelius was busy staring at Lady Selene. Lady Selene felt a strong gaze on her and she decided to look at the culprit.

Lady Selene looked up and saw two pairs of eyes coloured in dark brown. She got lost in his eyes. It felt like, the whole world had become hazed to her.

As for the other side, Lord Aelius got lost in her eyes too. It was as if, he had stopped breathing. She was looking like a goddess. With her hairs tied up in a crown braid. Her innocent doe eyes. Her cute nose, her cheeks shaded in a bit of pinkish colour. Her lips are slightly open in amusement. And lastly her elegant white gown which makes his heart go crazy.

Both were staring at each other's eyes nonstop. It felt that they had forgotten about the world and were lost in each other. But, Alas! It didn't last soon, as thlle Guardian of the Head arrived.

The Guardian of the Head questioned, "What is so important Lady Marissa that you seek my presence for it?"

"I apologise for any inconvenience, my lord. But the situation is too bad this time. I wanted to inform you about a dreadful danger approaching us."

"What do you mean by a 'dreadful danger' , Lady Marissa?" asked the Head. "My Lord, every year the heat of the sun increases and it causes more heat. But this summer, the Sun is emerging more heat and it is causing the water in the ocean to dry up." Said Lady Marissa as tension felt in the air.

"Yes, my lord. Even the plants are all dried up. If this continues, I'm afraid that the livings on the Earth will have to face death". Lord Sage added in a nervousness. Everyone shuddered at Lord Sage's last few words.

The Head looked at Lord Aelius hoping for an answer to this slow poison. Lord Aelius said, "My lord, I don't know what has happened but the Sun is radiating more magnetism than before. The Earth is slowly going close to the Sun which is causing more heat. I think perhaps it is something about gravity."

"If it is something about gravity then the moon must be facing some problem. Is everything alright with your powers, Lady Selene?" Lady Aethra asked and suddenly everyone's gaze shifted to Lady Selene for a positive answer.

"I don't know, Lady Aethra but these days I've been feeling too tired after my working hours. I've never been this much tired before" spoke Lady Selene.

The Head nodded his head at the newfound information and said, "Lord Aelius, I want you to use your power in such a way that no extra heat gets radiated by the sun. Lady Selene, you'll be working with Lord Aelius and try to control the magnetism coming from the sun and also to make sure that the Sun doesn't move towards the Earth. I know it's a lot but you're the only one who can do this. I will try to lessen the force which keeps you both away. Lady Marissa, I want you to use your power to produce more water so that it doesn't become a dessert. Lord Sage, Your work is to grow as many plants as you can. And Lady Aethra you'll help Lord Sage for fast production of the plants. Is everything clear?"

"Yes, my lord!" Everyone said in unison and they got back to work. Lady Selene felt blood rushing her cheek by just the thought of working with Lord Aelius. She was staring at Lord Aelius and wondering how can someone be so handsome?

His dark brown eyes gazing at her as if she was the last thing in this world. His straight nose standing all proud, His puffy cheeks gave her the urge to squish those cheeks. His plain rosy lips excited her. His skin was 'sun-kissed' with dark hairs reaching his neck but tied in a neat man bun. His broad shoulders that can hide a person, his chest was pretty wide that a man would look the littlest in those. His perfect muscles can make one understand that they were made from daily exercising. His fingers covered up in veins making him look hot. Everything about him was so manly and attractive.

But her thoughts were disturbed by the deep yet gentle voice "Lady Selene? Where are you lost? Lady Selene??" asked Lord Aelius by waving his hands in front of her as if trying to get her attention.

Finally Lady Selene looked up to see Lord Aelius looking at her and she blushed at their proximity. Lady Selene immediately said while stuttering, ″I'm s-sorry, I didn't know how I got l-lost in my thoughts."

Lord Aelius leaned back and chuckled, "Let's get to work, shall we?"

                      ★★★★★★★

I've made some changes and from now on I'm not gonna use language which my readers cannot understand.

So did you like it?? I combined two  chapters and made it one as I thought that long chapters are better than the shorter ones!

I'll be publishing the upcoming chapters on every weekend so in that way y'all can enjoy reading too!

If you liked the chapter, let me know in the comments.

Take care and Stay Safe. Have a Nice Day and Happy Reading!