Chapter : 7

Lady Selene's POV:

It has been a day since my birthday, yet I haven't stopped thinking about Lord Aelius. The gift he had given me is already hanging on my neck. However, I'm trying to figure out what happens to me whenever he is around.

That never happened to me before. Unknowingly, my hand fell on my neck as I caressed the ornament while smiling looking outside the window.

Lord Aelius was playing with my bunnies with a beautiful smile plastered on his face. His brown locks were tied in a neat man bun. Eyes are hooded because of his smile, and he scrunches his nose whenever he tickles those furry animals.

He suddenly looked up at me. He probably felt someone gazing at him. how stupid of you Selene! I cursed myself while forcing into a smile. He winked at me, the grip on my perfectly ironed dress tightened.

My cheeks shaded in scarlets as I bit my lips trying to hide my smile.

He motioned his hands, telling me to come down and play with them too.
I nodded in no as I couldn't, my hair was wet because of showering just now. I had to brush them and dry them off.

His face fell when I said no yet he maintained his smile.

Oh I'm in love with his smile.

********

Lady Marissa's POV:

I have to know about what happened on Selene's birthday party. Why did the nature react like that? I noticed the spark between Selene and Aelius when they shook their hands but why did it happen? Is there a secret which I don't know of?

Whilst in my thoughts, my gaze fell upon an ancient book which was covered in dust. I took out the book and blew some air on it so that aleast a small layer of dust would be removed. And it did. However I had to remove it from my hands too.

After the dust left the book, I took a look at it. It seemed pretty old, gold textures were made on a black cover. The book was pretty old and so I wasn't able to read the title. However when I tried opening it, it didn't!

It didn't open I tried to open it by force but it didn't open either!
I used my essence on it yet it didn't budge!

Just what type of book is this? And if it can't open then why is it still kept here?

All these questions had messed with my head. I pushed my hair back which was coming in my face, irritating me more like I hadn't been irritated enough!!

Taking a deep sigh I placed the book back into its position as I stomped my way out.

*******

Third Person's POV:

"Sage!!!!" A dark feminine voice practically yelled at the Guardians of Greens as he shuddered thinking that what could Marissa do to him after knowing that he hadn't picked up the tree that fell down causing the blockage of water flowing from the river.

Lady Marissa yanked her whip on the ground as it splashed water and the water was cold so were her eyes.
She no longer had her sweet smile on her beautiful lips and she looked alot more scarier than she ever looked before.