Chapter : 6

There she was, looking like an angel.
Oh how ethereal she looks, I want to hold her in my arms .
Embrace her like the world had come to an end.

********

Lord Aelius' POV:

The time was going very slow. It felt like an eternity. My heart was hammering in my chest as my breath felt uneven. Sweat beads have positioned my temple like pearls.

Everything's ready but why is she taking so much of time to come here?

Even though there is not much of humidity yet I'm sweating. I wiped off my sweat with the back of my hand and took a deep breath to control the beating of my heart. But it was of no use.

A slight breeze brushes through my perfectly done hairs making it a little messy, but before I could fix it a gasp escaped my mouth as I slapped my hand on my lips.

My eyes widened as my cheeks shaded in a colour darker than red.

*******

Lady Selene's POV :

Once I was all ready, I slowly started going downstairs making sure not to trip on my own dress as I held some of the part of it with my hands while looking down so as I don't fall.

While I was descending the stairs, I felt someone grab my dress as I held the side of the pole and a gasp escaped my mouth. I was about to scream at this point but stopped when I saw my pets looking at me with their doe eyes tilting their head in confusion as to asking me what happened. I sighed deeply and let them help me as it would make my work easier.

Finally when I exited my tower, I felt confetti tossed over me as I heard familiar voices singing Happy Birthday. A smile plastered on my face and I slowly opened my eyes which I didn't know for how long they were shut.

Lady Marissa was the first one to hug me and she seemed very happy. She was also dressed in blue, but not just any blue it was crystal blue, it seemed like she made that dress with her essence itself. Her whitish hairs cascaded down her back, as her rosy lips were curved up into a smile which, never reached her eyes.
No matter how much she smiles, her eyes remains the same, emotionless. Not that I ever complained.

Everyone started to wish me, some by hugging, while some by shaking hands with me.

As I turned to walk further, someone called out my name with their deep voice. I recognised the person as I turned back and I saw those alluring dark brown eyes.

*******

Third Person's POV :

Lord Aelius with his raspy voice wished Lady Selene a happy birthday. As she smiled in response. He extended his hands to shake hands, Lady Selene bit her lips as she felt blood rushing through her cotton like soft cheeks.

The moon guardian shook her hand as both of them felt a current flowing through them. The symbol on their hands lightened up as they felt a spark of fire on their hands. The clouds covered the entire sky and it rumbled causing the birds to leave their nests and to warble so as to let the guardians know about the unknown. The peaceful water panicked as the powerful waves started hitting the shore. The breeze was getting more and more stronger with the ticking time. The fire which was ignited with the help of Lady Ardere's essence roared.

When the spark hit those two hands holding each other. Both of them immediately jerked their hands out as they hissed in pain like they've got an electric shock!

And almost in a second, everything became normal like nothing happened. The water calmed down, the shrouds left the sky and the roaring of the fire slowed down as it became harmless. The breeze became bearable again as it stopped flowing everything which had no weight.

The guardians got confused. Lady Selene and Lord Aelius frowned at each other because both of them felt the same.

The Head came and declared it as nothing but just a play of nature. But it didn't buy Lady Marissa as she saw the little incident that happened between the Sun and the Moon Guardian.

She shrugged it off for now and decided not to think much about it as they started the function which was made for their beloved Selene. But she would go and read about what happened in the ancient library where every book had the history of everything.

*******

Lady Selene was standing in the middle as all the other guardians were surrounding her. One by one every guardian were showing their talents in order to entertain Lady Selene.

She was so happy to be surrounded by people that love her. She felt tears brimming her eyes as she smiled in those tears. She wiped those tears off before anyone could notice it.

*******

Lady Selene's POV:

I am feeling so happy today! I didn't knew they all could do such childish things to make me happy! I am so lucky to have them around in me. I wish they'll always be here with me.

Whilst I was enjoying the function I felt someone looking at me.

Those dark chocolate eyes took me in, as I encountered my whole world in it. I didn't knew when but my cheeks changed its colour into scarlet as I bit my lips while tucking a hair strand that unknowingly fell on my face.

I felt my breath get stuck in me as my heart hammered inside my chest so fastly like it would come out any moment.

The world around me stopped as he came near. He slowly spoke in his deep voice that always make my heart skip a beat, "Lady Selene, this is for you."

His long slender fingers were holding a diamond necklace which was shining in all glory.

I slowly extended my fingers to grab the necklace but my fingers touched his hands and I gasped.

I could see his hands shivering but I decided not to say anything. I took it from his hands and again looked at those alluring eyes.

"Thank you, Lord Aelius" I voiced out breathlessly as his presence was doing something to me that I couldn't figure out no matter how much I tried.

He was taken back yet he nodded and went back to his place. Once he went, I let out my breath which I didn't knew for how long I've been holding.

I caressed the ornament on my hands as I smiled while biting my lips.

It was really beautiful, it looked like it was made just for someone special. All the details, the designs were just amazing!

The necklace had a crescent moon which was embedded with small diamonds which were, enhancing its look.

I fisted my hands in which the necklace were and held it close to my heart and smiled.

This was the best gift anyone could ever give me. I love it but most importantly I love the person who gave it to me.

I wish I could've confessed my love to you sooner.

★★★★★★

So did you get the hint or are you just dumb as Lady Selene?
Just kidding!

Well this chapter was written really in a rush so ignore if you see any mistakes.

What do you think will happen in the next chapter?