Chapter : 3

This was the first time for Lady
Selene to work with an actual guardian. Lady Selene was working but also pursuing her lips in confusion as she didn't have any experience about it. Lord Aelius
was busy staring at Lady Selene's 'never-ending-cuteness'.

Whilst working a question was bothering Lady Selene too much,
so she decided to voice it out.
"Say, Lord Aelius" She asked out
in confusion. Lord Aelius raised his eyebrow to answer her question. "How do you endure the heat of  the sun while you're working? I can't even sleep in this scorching heat of the Sun". Lady Selene continues by swiping off the sweat from her temple.

Lord Aelius voiced out a raspy chuckle. As he continued, "I think you seem to forget it, Lady Selene. I control the sun, so I can bear its heat."

Lady Selene let out a scoff and muttered "How can I be so foolish? Of course he can bear the sun!" to herself whilst hitting her head with her palm. As she got back to work.

Soon, it was the time to set the
sun, the sky shone in vibrant colours like it is bidding the sun a beautiful goodbye by painting itself in colours which just whispered the word 'Magical'. It was a magical sight indeed. As soon as the sun started to set, lady Selene used her essence to welcome the new guest of the sky.

Lord Aelius was in ecstasy to watch the moon rise in front of his eyes for the first time. He watched the beautiful crystal moon rise. The sky turned dark, as the bright stars paved the sky. The wolves howled at seeing the crystal moon from atop of the mountain.

A bright smile broke on Lady
Selene's face by seeing the moon.
She whistled and almost in a second the rabbits came out of their homes and surrounded their guardian by jumping in a sign of greeting her.

Lady Selene bent down and grabbed one of the bunnies. She started playing with her pets as a giggle escapes her mouth. As soon as
Lord Aelius heard her giggle, his lips curved up into a smile. Her giggle was the most beautiful melody he had ever heard.

Lady Selene gave some of her
essence to her pets and soon they started making mooncakes. When the pets of her saw Lord Aelius with
their Lady Selene they immediately thought about the utmost idiotic thing and made mooncakes heart-shaped.

The both guardians noticed it and they looked at each other for a second but immediately looked away as the bunnies giggled at their 'eye-contact'. Lady Selene's cheek got shaded in red as Lord Aelius scratched his neck while clearing his dry throat.

After a while of a very awkward moment. Lord Aelius decided to break the silence from a foolish question, "Are they your pets, My Lady?" Lady Selene looked up at Lord Aelius in confusion and gave out an awkward chuckle while saying, "O-Ofcourse they're my p-pets. I didn't know Lord Aelius was a blockhead" she whispered the last sentence in her breath and went away.

But unbeknownst to her, Lord
Aelius heard her and immediately
got flustered. He walked towards her and said, "H-Hey! That's not true!"

*******

The whole night passed with awkwardness and chemistry
between the two guardians. It was time to raise the sun, Lady Selene and Lord Aelius went to their respective places. As Lady Selene set her moon down; Lord Aelius rose the shining Sun covered in shades of orange and yellow present at the reddish colour of the sky.

The dolphins from the oceans
jumped in delight as Lady Marissa splashed her water essence on them. Lord Sage imbued his essence and made beautiful vines covering up the bushes of the magical green forest. Lady Aethra let a wave of air hit the leaves of some trees as they fell down on a calf.

The calf giggled at the sudden blunder. Birds chirped in happiness. The bunnies of Lady Selene bounced here and there. Every guardian laughed while some joined at it making it more magical.

But little did they know, Lord Aelius was romanticizing Lady Selene in his mind and it would cause storms to the happy guardians who were giggling and snickering.

********

As the sun rose, a hectic day started for Lord Aelius and Lady Selene as the sun was radiating more heat. Lord Aelius was trying to lessen the heat radiating from the sun and Lady Selene was trying no—not trying literally putting her life on line to maintain the distance between Earth and the Moon.

Every lord and lady had their eyebrows touch their hairline as worry painted their pale faces.
The heat of the sun was so much that Lord Aelius' mouth never stopped escaping whimpers in his dark guttural voice. And as for Lady Selene, she has knelt for maintaining the distance between the Moon and the Earth.

Lady Marissa couldn't handle it anymore and she decided to call out for the Head. Lady Marissa ran towards the tower of the head, climbed all those 'good-for-
nothing' stairs and knocked on the door room hurriedly. She was knocking continuously like if it hadn't been a moment of tension then it would have felt like music is being played. The Head opened the door and almost yelled at Lady Marissa but after seeing her face he decided not to.

Before, the old man could even speak, Lady Marissa blabbered, "Help! Lord Aelius and Lady Selene needs your help!" After speaking, she ran towards the ground where all of the guardians were gathered up. The Head walked as fast as he could and when they reached, he felt as if his whole world had been turned upside down.

Lord Aelius was knelt on the ground. And Lady Selene's both legs were knelt. Both were panting hard. Lady Selene's arms were getting bruised and burned because of the radiation coming from the sun. Lord Aelius tried to lessen the burning sensation on Lady Selene but cannot as he had to lessen the sunlight of the sun too. No matter how much he tried, he failed.

Lady Selene's arms, legs and almost her whole body was heating up. She tried to suppress from screaming but couldn't as the pain was not helping at all.

The Head of the Guardians widened his eyes and felt his heart sunk after seeing the deadliest sight of his children—like guardians whom he raised with all of his love and care. The Head imbued his essence and pushed the sun away on its proper place and far away from earth.

Watching the sun go back to its place, Lord Aelius got confused but when he felt a similar presence around him, he relaxed. Later, Lord Aelius used his essence to let no heat beharm Lady Selene as she was already suffering from the unbearable heat.

However, after a few moments, Lady Selene fainted and fell to the ground but Lady Marissa caught her.

                       ★★★★★★★

1254 words!! Sheesh I've been writing too much this days!

Btw what do you guys think about it? Will Lady Selene survive? Or will she be in a stage Lord Aelius would never dream of?

Whatever it is! Comment down your opinions. And btw I've again combined 2 chapters so that y'all can read more easily.

Well talk to your guys in the next one!

Have a nice day and Happy Reading!