Chapter 1

When I pushed open the doors, the halls were empty. How odd. I walked through the halls, soaking it in, as I passed arrays of lockers. This was a modern high school. Compared to the Victorian style we had back in Vampire Prep. This was almost comforting, refreshing even. I felt like my old self- my human self. I eventually wandered for long enough to find a door labelled 'Headmistress Bloodgood'. I knocked. 

"Enter" A voice called. I walked in, closing the door. My eyes fell to a decapitated head sitting upon a desk, whilst the body was standing in the corner, aside a large dark blue horse. It was an estranged sight. 

"I'm the late transfer. It's (Y/N)? I was told to come here and receive my schedule?" I asked, the woman was pale, with a sharp look in her eye. With rather deep set eyes and plumped lips. Her body walked back to her head, as she placed her head between her shoulders once more, there was a small crack as she did so. Her horse brayed. She went on, giving me the sheets I needed, and explained my classes. 

"So you're one of the newer ones then? Been studying in Transylvania yes?" She had now taken to sitting behind her desk, as she began writing in a notebook, her eyes afar from mine. 

"Of course Headmistress. I'm more- familiar with the monst- I mean. Our- world. Now." My words fumbled, I always had to go and say something stupid like that, but she just looked up to me, with a small smile. She seemed as if she wanted to laugh. But she pursed her lips in a restraint. 

"I'm sure you have classes to get to." She cocked a brow, as I nodded, bidding her farewell, as I set off down the halls, rummaging my sheets. I looked to the time. It was around 8pm or so. Apparently, classes took place day and night. Day classes started at 9, and ended at 3. Whilst night classes started at 6pm in the winter and fall, 7pm in the spring, and 8pm in the summer. Since it was still winter, The day had already progressed to two hours, and would be over at 12. I went on reading the notes, as they stated that extracurriculars would and could extend 3 hours after school. But the building was open 24/7

 Right now, I was meant to be in study of Ancient Folklore. But I headed to find my locker, I did, unlocking it, and taking out one of the blank notebooks the school gave me, alongside the textbook for the class. I headed down the hall, I had to keep myself calm. I could do a new school again. Right?

I walked into the class, I had disrupted it, as everyone fell silent. I could feel my senses prickling upon my neck. My eyes fell on who I presumed was the teacher. He was a small, wrinkled man, with orange skin, and a large hooked nose. He was no taller than my waist. He screwed up his face, like he was trying to look at me. 

"Ho ho- who's this I see? A late student- nay- a new student!" The small man squeaked. "Well well! Introduce yourself m'dear boy!"

I felt embarrassed, if I had drank a full bag, I would surely be blushing. Yet my dead heart just echoed in my chest. I tightened my fist. This was a ridiculous formality. I stood before the class, I brushed my hair from my eyes, as I attempted not looking at any of them. I stuck my eyes to the back wall. 

"I'm (Y/N) A late transfer from Vampire Prep. Please excuse my untimely arrival." I muttered the last part, as I made my way to my seat, I didn't dare look at the creatures that were staring at me. I wrote my name at the front of the notebook, as I began taking notes. I had come to learn this teacher was called 'Mr Wick' he had some kind of power that made him a candle of sorts. As he aged, he would get smaller and smaller, till he burned out to nothing. I concluded that he must be orange because his skin was a type of wax perhaps. I had taken the pen from my pocket, as I continued scribbling my notes, as we began answering the questions from the textbook. Eventually, the bell rang for the end of class, as everyone got up to start leaving. I stayed seated for a moment, as I took the papers from my pocket, as I looked over my next classes for the day.