Chapter 4

I decided against it. I couldn't. I couldn't just, walk up to him and ask his name. Besides- he was talking to some ghoul. I heard the tracks get louder, the music resonating in my chest. I looked up to the stage. Holt was jumping about, having fun with the crowd. Even from here, I could see how dilated his pupils were. I watched Holt, for a moment more. Maybe it was the drink, maybe it was the green I just spoked. I couldn't tell. But before I knew it, I had simply appeared beside Holt. 

I thought I felt the music before, but this was nothing. I could feel how hot and sticky the air was against my cold dead body. Holt was having the time of his life. Everything started getting foggy. I had a cup in my hand, I chugged it. 

My vision was so blurry right now. I could only hear the music. 

"Style icon size zero. And my boots from the Valentino. I'm a self made runway queen. And my dad is Alexander McQueen-"

What, was in that drink? Whatever backbeat this song had, was sending my body frantic. My jaw felt as if it was shaking. I looked around, I was probably wobbling. Holt threw an arm around me. I couldn't hear him laugh, but I could feel the way his body shook next to mine. Just then, I felt someone throw an arm around my other side. I looked up. Donnie. His pupils- were even more blown out than Holts. His jaw was shaking. He looked to me, mouthing something like. 

"Where'd you put my drink?"

I drank it. Oh my god, I must have spaced out for a moment- and drank his drink. Did I see him put something it? Did I? What did I just take? Donnie saw the empty cup in my hand, as his eyes widened. Donnie threw his head back in laughter. 

"If you wanted some- you could'a just fuckin' said!" Donnie shouted, but even with him practically next to my ear. I couldn't really hear him. Before I knew it. There were flashing lights. All around. My vision got all blurry. I couldn't feel my body. I was weightless. Holt had let go of me. But Donnie didn't. He kept me tight in his grasp. 

I could hear Holt changing the songs. 

"You're so upset with me, but I'm so obsessed with you. I'm fucking crazy. I don't wanna damage you-"

Donnie began pulling me off the stage, waving his goodbye to Holt. Holt didn't even notice as Donnie lead me away. His arm was around my shoulder. He was leading me away from the crowds. Around to the side of the house. A type of shed. There was a bench outside of it. He sat me down, standing over me. I ran my hands over my face. As the music had faded enough for me to hear him. Enough for me to hear my own thoughts. 

"Fuck what did I take?" I retorted. Rubbing my eyes. 

"It was just a ding. It's molly." Donnie stated. I looked up to him, my head in my hands, as I watched him rolling a cigarette. His eyes went from the cigarette paper, then to me, as he licked the paper, rolling the tobacco together. Putting it to his lips, pulling out a lighter. "My molly that you took by the way. Wasn't meant for you." As he spoke. He lit up the smoke. 

I stared at him for a moment, thinking. "Who are you-? I know your face." I slurred slightly. 

"Spelldon. Most people call me Donnie. I'm- Casta Fierces' younger brother." He stated blankly, as he smoked away. 

"That's the- singer witch isn't it?" I slurred again. "I'm sorry about your molly, I didn't mean to take it."

"S'all right really. I knew it was an accident." He smiled, taking a seat next to me on the bench. I looked up to the night sky, watching how the lights from the stage shone throughout the sky. How Holts music pumped through me still. "Ever done molly before? You're only on the come up, you're not actually high yet." 

I just sat there, thinking to myself. Where were the ghouls? Where were Clawd and Deuce? Fuck- where were they? 

"So, I heard you're new in school. I haven't been in awhile. I work with my sister sometimes. Y'know for extra money. All that, shit." Donnie explained calmly, as he flicked the ash of his cigarette. 

"Is that the only reason I haven't seen you?" I queried. Not even realising at this moment in time it wasn't my place to ask. 

Donnie took a deep breath, and then looked right at me. "I broke up with my boyfriend." He remarked flatly, taking another drag. 

"Oh- fuck- I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" I stumbled with an apology, but Donnie just laughed over me. 

"I know you didn't mean to- it's alright fucking hell man." Donnie just kept chuckling to himself. "It was awhile ago. So what about you then?"

"Me?" I asked. Confused. 

"Yeah, you. What's your girlfriend like? I saw you come to the party with all the ghouls. Like Frankie and Clawdeen and all that." Donnie had turned fully to look at me hunched up, it was a struggle to keep my head lifted. 

"I don't have a girlfriend." I blurted out. "I'm gay."

I didn't even realise what I said, until after I said it. I pursed my lips in a panic. But- Donnie said he used to have a boyfriend- is he gay too? I thought to myself. 

"Don't tell anyone." I pleaded to him. Donnie just stared at me. Looking me up and down. He was slightly taller than me, so he loomed over me for a moment. He flicked away his cigarette. Grabbing me by my hand, yanking me to my feet, dragging me through the woods once more to the party once more, as the music grew louder. 

"What are you doing?!" I had to shout so Donnie would hear me over the music. His back was to me as he dragged me. 

"Not telling anyone! What's it look like!?" He shouted back. As we found ourselves in the crowd in front of Holt. Holt changed the music again. It was some Lady Gaga song. 

"Ate my heart, he ate my heart." The music boomed. 

Donnie still had my hand in the crowd. We were slap bang in the center of it. That was when I noticed, how many people were staring at him. Not at me, him. He was famous- well- his sister was. So that just made him well known. 

I saw him again. 

The stranger, with the black hair and red and pinkish streaks. The one whos name I was dying to know. The stranger with the pink eyes, the vampire with the long fangs. That showed his age. His own eyes, weren't on Donnie, they were right in on me. His mouth slightly hung open. 

Everyone, had their eyes on Donnie. 

Donnie turned, forcing me to walk slap bang into his chest. But his hands yanked away from me, before I knew it. His hands were on my cheeks, pulling me up to me. Into a kiss.

He had caught me off guard.

So this is what he meant by not telling anyone. He was showing them. 

It had been so long since I kissed anyone. Years. I hadn't kissed anyone since I became a vampire. It was too dangerous for me. But Donnies hands felt rough on my skin. He smelled like incense and something rich. He just kept kissing me. Before I knew myself, my own eyes were closed, as my hands ran up to his hair. 

"That boy is a monster- he ate my heart- I love that - he ate my heart- wanna talk to them, they're hot as hell- he ate my heart-"

The music blared. As the kiss got rougher. The music was so loud, but I felt like my own heart had suddenly revived, as it was beating so fast in my chest. I felt Donnie working his hands down my body, his grip getting to my waist, pulling it up to his. I pulled back from the kiss for a second out of shock. To catch a breath, but he wouldn't let me. 

The crowd was as crazy, and as loud as ever, I couldn't hear them music over the music. 

But- That was when I saw light through my closed eyes. I fully pulled back from Spelldon. Looking at what was happening. 

The phones all pointed in mine and Donnies direction. Taking pictures, videos, everything.