Origin story 🕷️🕸️

Flashback
It was my thirteenth birthday when I was walking down the street. It was late and most of the street lights were flickering, leaving very little light for me to see.

I had snuck out of the house for a celebration at my friends house, I got lost on the way and ended up missing the party.

I was on the way back home when I bumped into a man, he was quite tall so I couldn't see his face. I quickly apologized, he just kept walking not taking in the time to notice that he'd dropped something.

I went to pick it up as the man walked away, once the man was out of sight I had picked up the object. It was a vile, now shattered into pieces. I look over it for a moment until I feel this piercing on the front my neck. In panic I swatted at the hurt area and felt something, I grabbed it and saw a spider. In fear I throw it away and walk away having a bit more pep in my step.

When I got to my apartment building I walked in and unlocked the door, opening it slowly as to not wake my parents.

The next day was interesting to say the least

I woke up feeling very sick, like when you've been sweating and walking so much you can't move. I don't know how I got up and ready but I did.

Once I got to school things got even weirder, I started to hear everything, and when I say everything I mean everything.

I could hear people gossiping, fighting, laughing, I swear I could even hear the sound of pencils writing in my ear, like in my ear.

At lunch I sat down with Gwen, and Peter. The three of us have been friends since second grade, although summer has been lonely. Gwen had flash, her boyfriend, and Peter had Harry, his best friend. So I've been a bit lonely since summer, but I'm hopeful that we'll all get to hang out together since school has started. I think before Harry walks up to our table.

"Hey Pete, I was wondering if you and Gwen would like to join Flash and I for our science project."Harry said smiling.

Basically me, Gwen, Peter, Flash, and Harry are all in a friend group. Which means I'm the odd one out, but it's fine I don't mind being alone.

"We'd love to join." Gwen said as her and Peter got up to join Flash and Harry at their table.

"Oh Y/N, I'll see you in social studies." Harry says walking away from me with Gwen and Peter.

I sit there before getting up to go to the bathroom. I walk into the bathroom and wash my face off with water. (The bathrooms are gender neutral btw)

"Rough day?" I hear someone ask.

I turn around to face a girl, she has tan skin, brown eyes, and long brown hair. She smiles as I look at her.

"I'm Anya." She says retching her hand out for me to take. I shake her hand and smile back.

"Y/N." I tell her.

I try to pull my hand away, but I can't. I look at her concerned.

"Sorry, my hands are probably sweaty." I tell her before finally pulling our hands apart.

Once I get out of the bathroom I start to panic, thoughts racing in my mind. I ended up running home because I was so panicked.

Once I get to my room I sit on my bed and try to take off my shoe, it sticking to my hand. I close my eyes and start breathing heavily until my hands are no longer sticking.

On the walk to school the next day I saw a lady getting mugged. I walked up to the person mugging her. They were wearing a mask so I could only see the upper part of their face. I shoved them away from the woman and slammed them against the other wall, my eyes widened in shock as I saw how hard I slammed them into the wall. The wall now having an indent of where their body was, cracks smothering the wall.

I ran away quickly after taking in the situation. I got food and sat down at my table hastily, wanting to tell Peter and Gwen about my morning.

When I told them they said 'I probably imagined it' which didn't make sense, but I brushed it off.

On the way home I walked past the wall again, seeing the cracks once again. What is happening to me? I thought. I stepped closer to the wall dragging my fingers along the cracks. I felt my hand stick to it, I put my other hand to the wall, it sticking also and then my entire body was sticking to the wall. I started crawling, surprisingly I didn't fall I just kept climbing until I was to the top of the wall.

I sat down patting from the excitement and workout of crawling on the wall.

That night I sat in my room thinking about the powers I now possessed. It has been my dream to help people, ever since my father died. He was a firefighter, he died saving people. I wanted to be like him, I wanted to spend my life helping people in need.

That is how I became Spider-Man.