2. "Daddys Class"

"Day one, with a new teacher." Matteo says.
"Yeah, what period do you guys have it?" Enzo asks. They all go around and say theirs. Pansy and Enzo 2nd, Draco 3rd, Matteo and Blaise 4th, and Theo 5th.

"Emilia?" Enzo asks me.
"5th." I say.
"Great. Just wonderful." Theo mutters.
"I'm not happy about it either." I say.
"Good." Theo says. I glare at him.

"Well, I'd rather be with either of you then mine." Draco says.
"Why's that?" Blaise asks.
"It's the golden trios period." I say.
"How do you know that?" Matteo asks.
"You're not the only one who knows people."

"It's Umbridges fault. She swore up and down to never let us all be in the same class." Pansy says.
"Yeah, cause this lot of idiots thought it was funny to call DADA  "daddy's class." I say.
"In our defense DADA is dada. Dada is daddy." Enzo says.
"Draco, you can hit him now." I say.
"No, he's right."

"We're going to be late to class." Theo says.
"Let's go." Blaise says.

We all go our separate ways, I happen to have classes with at least 2 of them every time.

Now it's the period I've been dreading all day.

I walk in. I don't recognize anyone in the class, except for Theo, who I am not sitting with.

I glance around the room. Of course the only open seats are either next to Theo or some random gryffindor I don't recognize.

I can feel Theo's eyes on me as I walk towards the stranger. I walk past Theo and hear him whisper,
"That scared of me, huh?"
"Shut up." I whisper back.

I stand next to the stranger.
"Hi." I say.
"Hi."
"Is this seat taken?" I ask.
"No, no it's not." He smiles. I smile back and sit down.

"You're Emilia Jester." He mumbles. I smile and nod.
"I'm sorry, I don't know your name."
"That's fine, I stick to my house."
"Looks like you might be taking a step out." I laugh.
"It's a pretty big step, but it's worth it." I smile.
"So what's your name?" I ask.
"Mason Cabolt."

I recognize the name but don't know from where.

"Pleasure."
"Pleasures all mine." He smiles.

"Today you're going to try to follow along to the potion on page 67." Slugghorn says to the class. Everyone around me groans.  "Whoever does it best will receive a bottle of Felix felicixis. Does anyone know what that is?"

I glance around and no one raises their hand.

"Anyone?" He repeats. No one moves. "How about you there, in the front?" He asks pointing at me.
"Uh, it's like liquid luck." I answer.
"Correct."

"Everyone go and grab a textbook. Please, try to remember that these are the only copies you will receive all year." Slugghorn says. Everyone stands up and starts walking over.

I see Theo grabbing his and wait behind him. He turns around, book in hand and sees me.

"You trynna get some liquid luck?" He asks.
"Can you step aside?" I ask.
"I don't know." I try to move past him and he steps infront of me covering my way.

"Theo, come on." I mutter. He laughs in response. "Theodore."
"What? Is something wrong?" He mocks.
"Theo, get out of my way." I say looking at him.

He laughs. I try reaching for his book and he lifts it into the air far above my reach.
"You're acting like a child." I say pushing his stomach. He laughs at me once more.

I notice a guy walking over and Theo moves out of his way but continues to be in mine.
"Can you hand me a book?" I ask the guy.
"It's the last one." He says.

Theo and I both turn and see that it was in fact the last book. Theo starts laughing hysterically while I glare at him.

"What's going on?" Slugghorn asks.
"Theo wouldn't let me get a book, and you're one short." I say looking at him.
"Oh my. You two will have to share."

Theo's smile drops.
"What?"
"Just for today, just use the same book and tomorrow you'll have a new one waiting for you." He says before walking away.

"It's not so funny now, is it?" I ask Theo.
"Shut up." He mutters.
"Choke." I say. He turns to say something but I walk past him and sit down next to his seat.

I grab his book and open up to the page.

I start working on my potion ignoring Theo at my right.

"Your boyfriends watching." Theo whispers interrupting my concentration.
"What are you talking about?" I ask looking up at him.
"Your little gryffindor toy." Theo smirks.
"Mason?" I ask turning around. Just as I do, he spins back around.

"Isn't that awkward?" Theo mutters.
"Can you actually shut the fuck up?"
"That's a little mean." He says softly.
"Theo." I say turning to him. He just laughs.

I turn around and continue working on my potion.

I'm holding one of the ingredients up with a pair of tongs as instructed. I feel Theo bump me making it squeeze before falling in.
"Theo." I say grabbing his arm and pushing him back. "You stay here."
"I was reading the paper, sorry." He says clearly lying.

I turn to my pot and see that it's fizzing as it's supposed to do at this step.
"How'd you get yours to do that?" He asks.
"I don't know."

I glance around and no one else's is working right. I decide to squeeze the next one before putting it in. It fizzes more.

I do it with the rest of the ingredients and surprisingly enough my potion comes out a sorta shade of pink while everyone else's looks nothing like our reference.

Slugghorn walks past and looks at Theo and I's potions.
"At least you got the color right." Slugghorn says looking at mine.

Theo's has turned a light shade of purple.

Even though my potion didn't do what it was supposed to, he still declares me the winner of the class just because I got the color right.

"You can thank me for that win." Theo mutters