9. Proper Introduction

Masons been going to a lot of the quidditch practices. Colbi and I both know he's partly the reason why, but it ends right about there.

"Why is he always here?" Theo asks me while we are passing.
"Because he's a good friend." I say, which is true. He's still the only person that knows about Theo and I the night of the party.

"You don't go to his practices." Theo says.
"Because I'm busy."
"Doing what?"
"Homework. Or doing our project."
"Must mean you're a bad friend."

"I will never forgive Draco for making us be passing partners all season." I mutter. Theo laughs. "Like I will actually quit."
"Then how's Mason going to watch you?"
"He's not watching me." I laugh, before realizing I slipped up.
"Oh so who's he watching? Me?" Theo asks.
"Well, he's also friends with Colbi and Mason cause of the party but you know." I say trying to save myself.

Theo ignores what I said.

A couple night later, Colbi grabs my arm pulling me away from the group.
"You know, I've been thinking, I haven't really seen Mason, you should bring him around." He says. I know it's a lie. They've been hanging out secretly, but I also know he wants to see how Mason is around the us and other people.
"Alright, sure. I'll see if he's down." I say.
"Cool."

The next day I bring Mason to the Three Broomsticks to hangout with the group.
"I still can't believe this is happening." Mason mutters to me as we walk in.
"Well, it is." I say.
"You know, if Theo gives you a hard time you can tell him about me and Colbi."
"I won't do that."
"You can."
"Won't." I say seeing the group.

"Found him." I say walking over.
"What? Was he hiding behind a bush?" Theo asks.
"Well, wouldn't that be amusing." I say laughing softly ignoring Theo's remarks.

We sit down. I choose the seat infront of Theo just so Mason and sit across from Colbi.

"It's been a minute, Mason. How you've been." Colbi says looking at Mason.
"I've been good. You?" Mason asks.
"I'm good. Great, even."

"You know, that party wasn't half bad." Matteo says.
"You think?"

I smile softly turning away.
"So question." Draco says.
"Yes?" Mason says. I glare at Draco already knowing what he's going to say is going to be rude.
"What's it like to be completely favorited by Dumbledore?"
"Draco." I hear Colbi mutter.
"What do you mean?"
"You know."
"No, I don't." Mason says. Theo laughs at him.

"Kids life seems to fall perfectly into place and he doesn't even notice." Theo says.
"What do you mean?"
"All you gryffindors are the same spoiled brats." Theo says.
"You don't even know me." Mason says.
"But I know how your house is treated."

I look over at the rest of the group. Draco is snickering, Pansy is enjoying her drink, Enzo is just staring at his food, Matteo watching carefully, and Blaise is glancing between us all.

"You act like you're so against them, but didn't you hook up with one of them last week?" Colbi asks. My heart skips a beat.
"No, I actually didn't." Theo says. I freeze.
"Then wh-."
"But you did. One of those little gryffindor chicks." Theo mutters.
"Actually no."

I look over at Mason scared. He's looking at me with the same expression.

I kick Theo before he can say anything else. His head spins around to me.
"A word." I say.
"Speak."
"Upstairs." I say.

Theo stares at me for a couple seconds but I don't drop my glare. He stands up and I follow after him. I glance back at Mason who nods to me.

Theo doesn't say a word to me until we get upstairs.
"A word is what you asked for so speak."
"What is your problem?" I ask.
"What?" He laughs.

"Why are you being like that?"
"Why are you bringing one of them around?"
"What? A gryffindor?"
"Yes. Why are you with a gryffindor?" He asks.
"With?" I mutter.
"I'm not bloody stupid. And you're parading him around and rubbing it into everyone's faces."

"I'm not with him." I say finding it humorous.
"I don't believe that." He says tightening his jaw. 

I silently curse myself for what I'm about to say.
"Theo. Mason and Colbi hooked up."

I see Theo's face freeze.
"What?" He asks not really as a question just pure shock.
"That's why he's been around so much lately. It's for Colbi."
"Shit."
"And right now Colbi is probably freaking the fuck out."
"I have to apologize."

"To Mason too. I don't know what you and Draco have against gryffindor but it's sick."
"I don't have anything against them. I just didn't like Mason... with you."

I find it odd but decide to hold my tongue.

"Let's go, Theo." I say grabbing his arm to lead him back down. Before we leave the stair case I turn him towards me. I ignore how close we are, and how he's towering over me.

"Be nice." I say. He smiles.
"When am I not?"
"Did I not just have to drag you up here for not being nice?" I ask. He smirks softly turning back around.

We sit down and they all look between us.
"Mason, I would like to apologize for my previous comments. I seemed to be under a different impression." Theo says glancing at me.
"It's alright. At least we're good now?" Mason says glancing at me which I give a slight nod.
"We're good."

I smile thankfully at Theo.
"Well, uh Mason what do your parents do?" Blaise asks clearly trying to pretend nothing happened.
"My dads an auror my mom stays home and tends for the house." He responds.
"What's your blood status?" Draco asks.
"Draco, stop it." Pansy mutters.

We continue talking and it seems to finally get normal, like as if he's always been a part of the group.
"You know, I think we should have another open houses party." Pansy says.
"Do you not remember what happened last time?" I ask laughing while thinking back to the groups that started fighting.
"Obviously, but those random kinds of hookups are the best."
"The ones from different houses?" Enzo asks.
"No, like complete stranger ones."

"That reminds me." Mason says.
"What?" Enzo asks.
"Emilia, one of my Ravenclaw friends saw you at the party and is trying to get me to plan something."
"Oh, uh, that's nice." I mutter.
"His names Vincent Greggers."

"You should totally do it!" Pansy yells grabbing my arm.
"Pans." I laugh.
"Mason, tell her she needs to let loose. She needs to go wild this year."

Mason laughs awkwardly. I can feel Theo looking at me so I turn to him. His jaw is visibly clenched.

"Shit, I have practice in 30 minutes." Mason says standing up.
"I'll come watch." Colbi says.
"Cool."
"Bye." I say as he starts to walk away.

"He's not so bad. He's like dorky cute." Pansy says.
"Dorky is right." I laugh.
"I'm gonna go." Theo says leaving money on the table before walking away.