5. Partner

I l haven't been able to get the chance to talk to Mason and formally apologize for how Theo and Matteo reacted.

"Hey, Mason can I talk to you really quick?" I ask taking my seat next to him. He nods.
"Yeah, what's up?" He asks.
"Well-"

"Hello guys." Slugghorn interrupts.
"Just hold on." I whisper to Mason.
"Today, we'll be working in partner groups." Everyone instantly starts looking around. "And I know you all want to be with your friends, but you'll be working with the person most around your intellectual level."

I quickly start to think of who he'd consider on my intellectual level.

He goes a flick with his wand and the list of our names appears on the board. I scan it for my name. I see "Jester" next to none other than "Nott."

I turn to look at Theo who's looking at me with the same expression of annoyance.

"Well, we don't have all day. Go sit with your partner." Slugghorn says.
"I'm not getting up." Theo says. I sigh while getting up and walking over to him.
"Promise you, I'm going to hex Slugghorn." I whisper.
"As if you could do anything of the sort."
"Aren't we partnered up for our intellectual ability?" I ask.
"Just cause you're good at potions doenst mean you can hex." I start smiling knowing that I've hexed him countless times. "What?" He asks. I shake my head. "Emilia." He stares into my eyes.

Holding eye contact with Theo has got to be one of the scariest things. His eyes look dead so when you're staring into them it feels like you're staring straight into his soul.

"What?"
"Remember how you somehow catch the flu every single year like clockwork?" I ask.
"Yeah?"
"But I can't hex." I mutter smiling.
"When you don't wake up, it's because of me."
"Oh." I laugh.

The entirety of us working together is basically just us arguing and if something goes wrong it's automatically the others fault. 

The second class ends, I run out to meet up with Mason.

"Hey."
"So, what's up?" He asks.
"I just wanted to like really apologize for what Theo and Matteo were saying. They're assholes." I say. He smiles softly.
"It's alright. I really didn't mind. It was kinda cool to be yelled at by the slytherins."

I laugh.
"That was not them yelling at you. You'd know if they were." I say.
"Merlin."

"Well, if you're up for it Gryffindors throwing a party on Friday. You're invited." He says.
"It's a gryffindor party where slytherins are accepted?" I ask.
"Well, not necessarily. It's a gryffindor party where gryffindors can invite who they want. I a gryffindor am inviting you."
"I'll be there." I say.
"Great."

———

At the end of the day I make my way over to the quidditch field. It's Slytherins tryout day. I played the prior years but every year we had to try out.

I get there and walk into the girls locker room. Last years other girl was a 7th year so she left. At the moment there is only one other bag in there meaning there's another girl. Hopefully she's good.

I change and walk out. Draco is standing there looking at the group of people.

"Go get in line, Jester." He says. I try not to laugh as I do.

He goes around and asks us all what position we want to play.
"Jester?" He asks notebook in hand.
"Seeker." I say knowing it would make him mad.
"This is a serious sport." He says.
"Shut up, Draco. You know what I want to play not only are we best friends but we've played together for years."
"We keep things professional on the field." He warns. 
"Go call your father." I laugh. People around me snicker and Draco walks off to question the next victim.

I notice Pansy watching from the sidelines. She waves and I wave back. She then waves to someone a little farther than me. It's Theo.

Once Draco is done interviewing people he tells us he's going to partner us up.

I look around for the other girl since that's what he usually does with me.
"Not so fast." Draco says grabbing my broom. "You wanted to be funny, so I'll be funny. You're with Theo."
"Draco." I plead.
"No, I take this very serious."

"Where's Theo?" I ask.
"He's coming now."

I turn and Theo sees me and stops.
"Not again." Theo mutters.
"This isn't funny, Draco." I say.
"Oh, but it is."
"I'm not partnering up with her just because you want us to." Theo says.
"Then you can get off my field." Draco says. Theo glares at the blonde.

I catch myself glancing between them worriedly.

Theo gives up first and turns around to me.
"Grab a bludger." He says. I nod walking over to the box. I grab one and pass it to Theo.

We get on our brooms and just hover over the ground.

"This is your fault, you know." Theo says at my side while Draco begins explaining what to do in extreme details.
"No." I say turning to Theo.
"You pissed him off."
"I made a joke. He needs to stop being such a baby." Theo chuckles softly.

"He's our big baby though." He says.
"Honestly, our friendgroup consists of babies. Enzo is just a toddler. Draco, well, you know. Matteo when something goes wrong. You, oh my god, you're the biggest baby." I say.
"Am not." Theo says as his whole broom turns to face me.

"Yes, you are." I laugh.
"If anything, you're the biggest baby."
"Look at you right now. You're throwing a fit over being called a baby." I laugh. Theo kicks the end of my broom and it sorta tips. I kick his while we both start laughing.

"Excuse me, Nott, Jester. Am I interrupting anything?" Draco asks. Everyone turns to face us.
"No." I say trying not to laugh.
"No, sir. Never, sir." Theo says clearly joking. I cover my mouth to hold back a laugh.

"That's what I thought." Draco says continuing his explanation. I look at Theo out of the corner of my eye and he looks over at me. We both look away instantly giggling softly.
"I fucking hate you." I mutter, knowing Draco is going to scream at us.
"Well aware."