𝒊. 𝐬𝐊𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐬

𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 - 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡

MARJORIE GILMORE STEPPED ON A PIECE OF GLASS BY ACCIDENT. She gasped and took a step back once she heard the crunch underneath her shoe. The piece of glass that was once whole was now shattered into pieces, reflecting Marjorie in the pieces that she herself had broken. Carefully, she used her shoe to push the glass to the side.

 The steps of Stars Hollow High School were rusty and always filled with random pieces and items that had to be swept away, but that was where Majorie stood, awaiting her usual lunch partner. As she stood on the steps, leaning on the stone wall, Majorie contemplated her schedule after her lunch period. The thought of skipping class was a fresh and appealing thought in her mind.

She looked at the watch on her wrist and sighed, but before she could complain about her twin taking so long, a cold breeze passed her, blowing her hair behind her and she remembered.

Her sister was no longer there. Rory was not in Stars Hollow, but in Hartford.

She shook off her nerves. No matter, she thought. Majorie knew it was for her twin's education and that's all it took for her to smile. With or without Rory, she would survive. With that thought, she took her feet across the street from the school, entering the diner. Luke's Diner was a gold mine for her and her family and frequented it nearly every morning and the occasional lunch. Majorie sat at the counter, right in front of the grumpy diner owner who looked at her and sighed.

"Aww, why so grumpy, Luke. Thought you'd be happy to see your favorite Gilmore." She smiled as she took off her cardigan and laid it on the counter.

"Believe me, I don't have a favorite."

"Liar." She chuckled. "Now tea me, Lukie!"

He sighed and turned around, "At least you don't down five coffees in one morning like your mother."

"Yeah, but I don't think the amount of sugar in my tea is good enough to supplement that fact." She grabbed the cup and watched as he poured hot water into it. Her hand grabbed the sugar packets he put down for her, "Only three?"

"Three's enough." He deadpanned before walking into the diner to place her order.

"Meanie." She grumbled, but poured it in her cup nonetheless. She stirred it around with the spoon Luke had stuck in it and blew at it to cool it down as Luke rounded the corner.

"So where are the other parts of Taylor's nightmare?" He asked as he replaced the bills register with new ones, fives and tens.

"Conrad is with his friends that are on the soccer and hockey team. Apparently there's this new kid they all really seem to like." She rolled her eyes. "Flo is–"

The bell rang and Flora-Belle entered the diner, her red hair flashing throughout the room, as she settled down in a seat next to Majorie, "Is in the building." She finished Majorie's sentence. "Coke me up, Lukie."

"You make me sound like a drug seller."

"Believe me, if you were a plug, everyone would know."

Luke left to the kitchen before the two girls could make anymore jokes, but he smiled, when out of sight, at their laughter. The two girls' giggling died down and Majorie leaned her head on her friend's shoulder.