𝒗. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒇 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒋𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒉

𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 - 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡

MAJORIE LAID AWAKE ONE NIGHT WHEN THERE WAS KNOCK ON HER WINDOW. It took a second to render in her mind. She had been immersed into darkness for so long that she didn't register noise for a minute or two, but when she did, she instantly got up and went to the window. She pulled back the curtains that hid the sun from her eyes so often and opened up the window.

She narrowed her eyes, "There better be a damn good reason as to why you're here. It's two in the morning."

Hazel eyes flickered to hers, "Aren't there always reasons I pop up? It's me, Jo."

"Connie, this isn't funny." Even then she stepped to the side and let him in, "Why are you here again?" Her nose caught the scent as to why, "Are you drunk?"

"Just a tad." He went over to her bed and collapsed on it.

"Oh my gosh." She mumbled, pulling down the window and closing the curtains. "I'm just going to kick your ass in the morning."

"Yeah, yeah. Okay, Jo. I love you."

"I love you too, ya moron." She rolled her eyes and laid on her side of the bed while Conrad climbed up the bed to splay himself on top of her. "Connie." She groaned.

"Shhhhhhh...go to sleep. I feel like my head's about to explode."

Majorie rolled her eyes, but tried to fall asleep like she usually would. Conrad usually came into her bedroom through her window whenever he was or was trying to prevent getting into trouble. She always let him in, so she was partially the blame why he always came. Conrad wasn't a drinker, but he had been somewhere he shouldn't have.

"Majorie?"

Good grief, this man is going to give me a hernia.

"Hmmm?"

"How do I tell Flora I love her? Like more than a friend?" He asked into her shoulder. "I've been in love with her since like... the moment I saw her. The second."

"I don't know. I've never been in love." She yawned. "Just tell her I guess, but like in some romantic way. But not too romantic or else Flo is gonna gag and leave." She chuckled. "But she feels the same. I can tell."

"Okay." He nodded. "Yeah, I'll do that. I'll tell you when I do it and when I chicken out." Jo gave a thumbs up that he didn't see, but he knew she put up. His drunken mind ended up switching the topic without ski[ping a beat, "You know the new dude? Dean?"

"Yeah."

She remembered the extremely tall boy from gym class the one day that she actually went. However, she didn't play, but she did see how the tall boy played sports rather well. She didn't think much of it, but why was Conrad bringing it up?

"He was at the party. You know with all the others. JJ was also there." He said. "Anyways, I was talking out of everything and mentioned you. Then Dean was like 'oh yeah she's Rory's twin right' and I was like 'you know Rory?' and he was like 'yeah, I know Rory. We talk whenever we see each other.' and I asked if he liked her and he said yeah." He mimicked Dean's low voice and it almost distracted her from what he was saying. "And he asked me if I could get you to help him get with Rory and I said I'd ask. Will you have Dean get with your twin?"

"Absolutely not."

A twinge hit her heart.

"Me either." He yawned. "He's kind of a jerk, I think. I can just sense it. I told him I'd ask, but I knew you'd say no. I have your permission to not give him false hope anymore?"