𝒊𝒗. 𝒈𝒊𝒍𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚?

𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 - 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡

MAJORIE WOKE UP TO THE RUCKUS OF THE BANGING ON HER DOOR. She heard it, but didn't bother to wake up. It kept going and going and going that eventually she groaned and put a pillow over her head.

"JO!" She heard the yelling of her name. "JO! Please! I need your help!"

Majorie reluctantly opened the door for Rory, who was standing in front of the door in a panic. Her hair was disheveled and her eyes had bags and there was a mark of ink on her cheek.

"Ror-"

"I need you to drive me to Chilton!" She grabbed Majorie's hand and began pulling her to the stairs. "I overslept and I know I upset you and I'm so sorry for that but I can't miss this test!"

Majorie didn't need to hear the rest as she grabbed a pair of sneakers and a hoodie that she had before running down the stairs with her twin, snatching the keys from their mom before barging out the door. Majorie was still in her pajamas – a ratty t-shirt that was covered up by her hoodie, sweatpants and sneakers – but there was no time for quick fashion changes.

"I have to say that you are really bad at asking for favors." Majorie said as she took a sharp turn onto the highway.

"I know, I know." Rory said as she began to brush out her hair and straighten her button down shirt. "I'll make it up to you, I promise, but I need you to pick up the pace. I cannot be late." Majorie pressed on the gas pedal as she turned onto a dirt road. "Where's my notes?"

Majorie stopped at a red light, looking through Rory's book bag as she dialed Lane's number on the phone. Majorie was just about to confirm that her notes weren't with her when she felt a thud that sent her to the door, bruising her arm.

"Oh my gosh," Majorie muttered as she saw a deer run past the dar. "No. Nononononono!" Majorie got out of the car to see a pair of antler prints on her mother's car. "Shoot."

"Oh my gosh." Rory came, looking at the prints as well. "We got hit by a deer."

"We got hit by a deer. We didn't hit a deer, he hit us." She stared blankly at it before remembering where they were going. "Shit, Rory, get back in the car!"

The two girls raced into the car and sped off. Majorie was looking in the mirrors, speeding way past the limit. If she got a ticket, she'd probably rip her hair out. Majorie drove into Chilton's driveway and practically shoved her out the vehicle.

"Good luck!" She shouted at her. Rory disappeared into the school and Majorie put her head on the steering wheel. She must have been there for a while before unbuckled her seatbelt to go check the damage more thoroughly. "Damn it..."

She opened the driver's seat and ended up grabbing the phone that Rory had left and dialed Lorelai's number. She felt the beads of sweat go down her neck out of nervousness.

"Lorelai, here."

"Mom, I got to Chilton with Rory and uhhh there's an issue." Majorie chuckled.

"More than the one we had this morning?" She heard her mother chuckle. "I doubt that, Marj. Oooh, but here this. You know about the reviewer who put Sookie in a funk?"

"The jerk who hurt perfect Sookie? Yeah I heard of him."

"Yeah, him. Turns out he just ordered the wrong dish." She chuckled. "Isn't that just crazy. Anyways, what happened?"