𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬

𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 - 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡

MARJORIE DREW ON HER ARM FOR MOST OF HER PHYSICS CLASS, HER WALKMAN OVER HER EARS. To her left, Conrad Willows read underneath the desk and wrote between the pages with pencil; his walkman was left home or else he would have put them over his ears too. Flora-Belle was sitting two seats in front of the two, listening to the actual lesson, but bored out of her mind. She wished that the teacher would have allowed the three of them to sit together. Unfortunately, he heard about the chaos that was Flo, Jo and Connie.

It wasn't long before the end of the period when Conrad tapped Majorie's shoulder.

She stopped Take Me Out in her ears and pulled back one side of the walkman headphones off her ears, "What?" She whispered without taking her eyes off her arm. The design was full of messed up flowers and lines that matched her veins.

"Synonym for incredible."

"Which way?"

"Like 'wow' incredible."

"Strikingly, magnificently, sublime, phenomenal."

Conrad nodded, a silent thank you, before leaving her alone to her music and drawing. Majorie and Conrad had been best friends since they were ten years old and she came into the town. Conrad specifically remembered that she kicked a rock at him, (she denies this and said she was kicking the rock in general) and he kicked it back at her. Ten year old Majorie Gilmore was much more reserved back then, but still (that time, she claimed) was when she kicked the rock back at him. They played for a few minutes before Majorie's mother – the infamous Lorelai Gilmore – came out and handed the kids two cans of coke, which resulted in them playing "kick the can" after finishing their drinks.

After that, Conrad and Majorie were two peas in a pod.

No one understood how a simple game of "kick the can" ended in the two being best friends, but no one understood Majorie and Conrad. While Majorie and Conrad were Majorie and Conrad to everyone else, they were Jo and Connie to each other.

Not even Flora-Belle, who came a year later, understood. At first, like many, she assumed that Conrad and Majorie liked each other, but it was far from it. They loved each other, but in a sibling way. It was like how Majorie loved Rory and how Conrad loved his younger sister, Charlotte. A rare type of sibling love that came from two friends.

But all together, they were Flo, Jo and Connie. And although Connie and Jo were first, they never forgot Flo. The three parts of Taylor's nightmare that came together. And they were exactly that.

Flo, Jo and Connie left the room once the bell rang, all heading for the door as if their school day had ended. It didn't, but no one was going to stop them. The three Sophomores have had a long rap for skipping, but always getting the work done. So no one truly said anything to the group.

The three made their way past the grocery store, making faces at Taylor who exited the store in a rush to tell them off. Unfortunately for him, the three had run into Aventa's flower shop, Flora's Floras. Ironically, the store was up before Flora was even born so Flora was named after the store that her mother and father loved dearly. The two parents were arranging flowers, waving at the kids as Flora went upstairs to change and Conrad and Majorie sat down at the counter and began working on homework.