*28* Truth or dare?

First could only helplessly watch his brother suffer

First could only helplessly watch his brother suffer.  He showed up here recently in the company of Khaotung.  He only had time to see Pond and Phuwin, with the help of Off, lead Fourth out of the infirmary.

First thought back to the events of only a week ago.  He couldn't believe it had only been a week, those events seemed centuries away, and it didn't seem like they were the ones who lived through it.  It seemed to him that it wasn't him who was watching how Gemini tried to flirt with Fourth somewhat clumsily, that it wasn't him who advised his brother to talk honestly with Norawit, that it wasn't them who put a small,  a ginger cat surreptitiously taken from the Non-Magical world that it wasn't Gem and Fourth who had recently broken the glass in the kitchen window while they were playing soccer in their free time.  He remembered that in the Thought Cabinet, there was a Pensieve, something that had been given to them many years ago by Harry Potter himself.  In two of the many similar small glass vials, there were two special memories, hidden there at the request of one of the owners.

* * *

One evening, after all activities were finished and after taking showers, the boys gathered in NuNew's room, which he distributed to everyone with a glass of alcohol.  There were snacks on the desk, and the music was not very loud and calm.  First, using a newly learned spell, magically removed all the furniture, making the room suddenly seem much larger to them.

“We're going to play truth or dare,” Cooper ordered excitedly.  He had long thought about finding a way to question his new colleagues about things he wouldn't normally dare ask.  He looked around at the faces in the gathering and quickly realized that not everyone was thrilled with the idea, and NuNew looked particularly nervous, already drinking his second glass of whiskey.

Dressed in pajamas, they brought along blankets and pillows, making NuNew's apartment even more colorful than usual.  Kaownah dimmed the lights, leaving only small orange and yellow lamps, which created a nice, pleasant, warm atmosphere.  Khaotung rested his head on First's shoulder.  Fourth, just in case, sat directly across from Gemini, trying to stay far enough away from New.  Between Fourth and New there were also Phuwin with Pond and Joong with Dunk.  Only Fluke refused to participate in the game, claiming that he was tired.  Next to Gemini sat Gun Atthaphan and his almost inseparable companion, Off Jumpol.  It was no secret that Off and Gun loved all kinds of parties and fun, and if they could bring their alcohol there, they never turned down such invitations.

They sat around a magical crystal ball that sparkled with different colors of the rainbow and that was supposed to choose the next person to complete a task or answer a question asked by another participant.

Gemini had been involved in a similar game once before, only then the Non-Magicals used an ordinary, empty bottle to draw players.  Curious, he asked where the idea for this came from?

“Oh, from the Non-Magical.  You have to admit that sometimes they can come up with something brilliant” Gun smiled at him.  “You'll see how much fun it is.”