Chapter Thirty-Two: Zhou Zishu

“Are we not going to clean the room? Lady Qing would have a huge work to do,” Sizhui asked.

“We'll do that after getting Xiumin back. For now, all that matters is we get him and then find the way to go home through him,” Jingyi said.

"We are NPCs, find your way home by yourself, sherlock wannabe,” Wang Faxu muttered under his breath, not letting anyone hear him.

“How are we going to get to Sect Leader Zhao? I heard that his security is really tight,” Zizhen asked.

“Don't worry. I've already made a plan for that!“ Jin Ling said, his smile slowly forming on his face.

Jingyi scooted closer to Zizhen, the distance between them couldn't even be seen with naked eyes. “Jin Ling is definitely his uncle's son,” He whispered.

“So, what's the plan?“

*

“Your plan is attending this carnival?“ Jingyi asked. He was baffled, and also annoyed that he led himself being convinced that this young mistress would actually have a plan.

“Don't assume things so quickly. I know what I am doing,” Jin Ling retorted back. Sizhui placed his hand on Jin Ling's shoulder, as an instinct to calm him down.

Jingyi raised his hands up as he shrugged. He then walked beside Zizhen, who was with Wang Faxu. According to Jingyi, Zizhen and Wang Faxu had been quite close for these past few days.

“Ah! There he is! Zhou Zishu,” Jin Ling pointed his finger at a… beggar?

“That's a beggar. Have you gone blind?“

Jin Ling tsk-ed at Jingyi. If it was not for Sizhui trying to calm his anger, he would have jumped on Jingyi right away.

“Last time I saw him, he told me that his name was Zhou Xu, and we all know the story of him and Wen Kexing. That's definitely him, I'm telling you,” Jin Ling said.

“Okay, let's admit that's him, but how is he going to help us? He probably doesn't even remember us,” Jingyi wrapped his arms around his chest, in a challenging manner.

Jin Ling's face fell. He didn't actually think of that. He forgot, for a while, that this world wasn't his home.

Sizhui noticed that. He brought his hand down to Jin Ling's hand and interlocked their fingers together. Sizhui squeezed Jin Ling's hand to comfort him with the warmth.

“Well, Jingyi, it is still worth a try, isn't it?“ Sizhui said.

To be truthful, everyone noticed the change in Jin Ling's attitude. Jingyi, himself, felt bad for being too harsh on the boy. After all, like everyone, Jin Ling also was trying to find ways to go back home.

*

Jin Ling was the one who approached the said beggar. The rest was standing behind him for moral support.

Zhou Xu noticed Jin Ling's presence. His eyes glimmering, as he recognised the young boy who once offered him wine not too many days ago.

“Young man, you're back again! What brings you to me, this time?“ Zhou Xu grinned, as he spoke. His eyes remained emotionless though.

“You… If I'm not wrong, you must be… Zhou Zishu of Tian Chuang. Is that right?“ Jin Ling hesitantly asked. He knew he was right, but the calm expression on Zhou Xu's face kept him doubtful.

“Lad, what are you talking about?“ Zhou Xu looked confused, unfazed. He started to make everyone believe that, they got the wrong person.

But Jin Ling remained strong, in front of the beggar. He didn't change his opinion, no matter how close he was about to get convinced by Zhou Xu.

“I know, you're Zhou Zishu. Please, we desperately need your help. Just admit it, we won't utter a word,” He said.

“Boy, I think you need some help. There's a medic house right over there. Let your friends bring you there,” Zhou Xu smiled, pitifully.

“Jin Ling, let's go. Maybe, he is not Zhou Zishu. We'll find another way. Don't worry. You did your best,” Sizhui stepped forward and pulled Jin Ling towards him.

Jin Ling didn't want to abide. He couldn't have been wrong. Zhou Xu had the same demeanour of Zhou Zi Shu, the same attitude and even the same way of talking. There was no way that he could have been wrong.

“Please, we know that you are him. Just help us, this once. We won't show you our faces ever again,” Jin Ling literally begged—as opposed to his personality. He shocked everyone there with his behaviour, all those who knew him.

Zhou Xu was silent, staring at Jin Ling. He sighed and stood up, brushing the dust from his robe. “Kids nowadays, won't even let me sunbathe in peace. What is the problem?“

Jin Ling's eyes brightened up. It was almost as if, he met a God after a very difficult penance. “Thank you, thank you so much!“

“What is the problem?“ Zhou Xu, once again, asked, his tone more sterner then before. He just wanted to get over with this as quick as possible and go back to his sunbathing.

*

“You have to be kidding me. I am not helping with that. How the fuck did this even happen? Are you fucking stupid?“ Curses came out of Zhou Zishu's mouth, like rain pouring heavily from the clouds to the ground.

“We know, but we are trying to mend this and for that, we need your help to get to Zhao,” Zizhen lowered his head in guilt.

Zhou Zishu sighed. His fingers were pressed onto his forehead in despair. He was trying to think of a plan when suddenly, someone barged himself in the conversation.

“What a coincidence! Seems like fate really wants us to be together!“ That someone was Wen Kexing with his gummy smile.

Zhou Zishu felt a headache coming up. Problems never seemed to end from his life. He just wanted to die peacefully but these guys were not even letting him do that.

“That's Wen Kexing! Uncle Xing!“ Jingyi whispered loudly to Zizhen in shock.

“We also forgot about him, didn't we?“ Zizhen whispered back, shaking his head in disappointment. To prove his point, Jingyi nodded with the same attitude.

Wen Kexing raised an eyebrow towards them. His martial art was very strong, it gave him the ability to hear from the furthest distance.

“Is there something important going on here?“ He asked.

The juniors shared a look and decided to tell Wen Kexing everything that happened with them. Two were better than one, anyways.