Chapter 4: The Imposter

"Okay, so!" Ada clapped her hands once, "Last night, I was reading this really amazing Minsung fanfiction, and-" 

"There she goes again," Florence sighed. 

"Shut up, guys! We're talking Literature here!" Clara was as excited as Ada, urging her to speak further. 

"Yeah, so, Minho and Jisung were, like, in a relationship, but Minho's father was abusive and-" 

"Why are you two hung over Wattpad-" Belle couldn't even complete when Ada and Clara yelled, "BECAUSE WE ARE LITERATURE STUDENTS!" 

"Guys! We have books like Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte in our course and you're reading, what, a thirteen-year-old's immature fantasies?" Florence made a point. 

"Flo," Ada dramatically sighed, "Emily Bronte must have also written some weird shit when she was a kid. Let us live our delusional lives, bestie." 

"What were you thinking, Florence? You thought you could win against them?" Belle laughed mockingly. 

"PLEASE, LET ME LISTEN TO HOW JISUNG KILLED MINHO'S ABUSIVE FATHER AND WENT TO PRISON AND HOW MINHO MADE JISUNG BREAK THROUGH JAIL, AND HOW THEY SHIFTED TO MEXICO AND LIVED OFF THEIR EARNINGS FROM HULAHOOPING WHILE WEARING BANANA COSTUMES!" Clara cried, and for a moment, no one spoke. 

"Clara," Ada kept a pitiful hand on her shoulder, "They're Korean." 

"So you're telling me that Korean people cannot shift to Mexico?" 

"I'm just saying that no one goes to Mexico to hula-hoop in banana costumes." 

"...Alright, fair point." 

"I'm out of here," Florence pulled Belle along and the two made a bee-line exit. Once they were gone, Ada and Clara burst out into a peal of hysterical laughter, and Ada spoke, "Did Hyunjin possess you there?" 

"It's a side effect of talking to you," Clara laughed. 

Ada scoffed, "Please! My magnificence is beyond anyone's understanding." 

"Alright, alright, sass queen," Clara shook her head, "My fault." 

There was silence for a grave second before the 'sass queen' exclaimed, "Do you wanna know about the fanfic?!" 

"Yes! Aaaaand I'm gonna tell you about this one I've been reading, too!"

"Oh, shit! Is it a Chan fanfic again?" 

"What do you expect?" 

Ada sighed animatedly, "What's the title?" 

"Sugar Daddy."  

---

It was early morning, about 4 AM, when a notification from Wattpad woke Chan up. The man barely slept, but now that he did, an update on his favorite book was definitely more important than a sleep schedule, am I right? 

He rubbed his eyes and groaned as he turned over on his bed, checking his phone. And the second he got to know that a book that he had recently started reading, titled Sugar Daddy, had been updated, his eyes widened. 

Still laying on his bed, covered in sheets, he swiped open the app and saw that there, indeed, was a new chapter. As he read further into it, he giggled and kicked his feet in the air -- but no one is surprised. 

All of a sudden, he received another notification -- a text message from his manager. Annoyed that he had been interrupted while reading, Chan pouted and read the message: 

Manager: gear up, we're going to Australia for the next gig tomorrow

"REALLY?!" Chan jumped out of his bed, the biggest, most adorable smile on his face, and he spammed the manager with big 'thank you's... along with keyboard smashes. 

Slipping his feet into his slippers, he excitedly ran over to Felix's room, breaking in through the door and seeing Felix sleeping on a chair in front of his gaming setup, a trail of drool leaking from his mouth. Chan yelled in vigor, "LIX!" 

The 'Lix' in question almost fell off his chair, immediately waking up, "WHERE IS THE IMPOSTER?" 

"Imposter...?" 

"Imposter, Chan. Why else would you wake me up?" 

"Lix, we're going to Australia tomorrow!" 

Felix blinked blankly, and a smile slowly formed on his face, "YOU AREN'T KIDDING?!" 

"NO!" 

"AHHHHH!" 

"AHHHHH!" 

"AHHHHH!" 

And the saga continued. 

(a/n: why am i updating this after like 3 months? :") 

YES I DID A SELF PROMO BEC I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHTS TO DESCRIBE OTHER AUTHORS' WORKS, SO YEAH, SUGAR DADDY IS MY BOOK >:( 

also, that minsung fanfic described up there? i would read the shit out of it no lies 

HOW WAS THIS? I HOPE A LITTLE LESS CRINGE? 

Thanks for reading! I love you!)