Frozen Out

Frozen Out

It was a cold and snowy December night in Dakota as snowflakes fell from the sky with people walking around and kids looking at toys. It was a happy holiday for everyone in Dakota, but not so much for Static and Magnetta as they flew high in the sky on their way to Frieda's house. Even superheroes were busy around Christmas.

"Three apartment fires, two train wrecks, and a cat stuck up on a tree. Some holiday." Static complained as he and Magnetta flew over the city.

"Come on, Static, where's your Christmas spirit? We had to do something since we couldn't just let those people get killed by those fires and train wrecks, especially around Christmas. Besides, we couldn't leave that poor cat stuck in that tree and have it freeze to death." Magnetta explained as Static looked at his watch.

Magnetta absolutely loves Christmas as it's her favorite time of year. She enjoyed spending Christmas with her parents by decorating their house and decorating the Christmas Tree. But what she really enjoys doing on Christmas is helping her mom bake Christmas cookies, singing Christmas songs with her mom, and spending time with her family and friends. After her parents died, she ended up spending Christmas with her Uncle Robert, Aunt Jean, her cousin Virgil and Sharon, and her best friend Allie.

"Oh, we're gonna be so late, Frieda will never talk to us again." Static said.

"Don't worry, I'm sure she'll understand why we're late." Magnetta said.

However, as soon as they stopped talking, they stopped when they heard sirens wailing.

"Oh, no!" Static whined with his head down.

"Well, duty calls." Magnetta said as they turned around to fly toward the scene.

Meanwhile, at Frieda's house, she and her family were celebrating Hanukkah as Richie and Allie were there too. Allie told Frieda that Ruby will be late because of her superhero duties as Frieda understood.

"Because the lamps they lit not for one day but for eight days." Frieda's grandpa explained with Frieda's grandma standing to his left while Frieda stood to his right with Richie, Allie, and a bunch of people standing around the Menorah.

Frieda was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt, red pants that went down to her feet, a black necklace around her neck, and a black bracelet on her left wrist. While Allie was wearing a yellow Christmas sweater, blue pants, and black shoes.

"This is why we observe Hanukkah to mark our victory over the invaders." Frieda's grandpa continued as Virgil and Ruby walked inside the room, standing behind Richie and Allie.

Virgil wore a red Christmas sweater while Ruby wore a blue one.

"Anyone noticed we were late?" Virgil asked Richie as he looked around while Richie looked at him with a smirk.

"Oh yeah." Richie said as he motioned his head to Frieda.

Virgil saw Frieda looking at him with a frown on her face and her arms crossed.

"Don't worry, Ruby. I told her why you were gonna be late, so she's not mad at you." Allie whispered to Ruby.

Ruby looked at Frieda who smiled at her.

"And to celebrate the rededication of the temple in Jerusalem..." Frieda's grandpa said as he looked at Frieda who was distracted.

"That's your cue, Frieda." Frieda's grandpa said as he put his hands on his granddaughter's shoulders.

"Uh-uh, sorry, Grandpa." Frieda said as she lit the last candle and placed the candle she was holding into the middle candle holder of the Menorah.

"Yay!" The people cheered.