Chapter 3

"Isn't Home Alone a Christmas movie?" I asked laughing slightly. 

I was so surprised that Jack had wanted me to hang out so badly that he would call into work on my behalf. I was a complete stranger who spent the night in his house! Thinking about the night before, I remembered feeling weird about the other guy who wanted my attention, but there was something different about Jack, I couldn't quite put my finger on it. 

"Its one of my favourites!" Jack responded, pulling me from my thoughts. 

Just then Alex stumbled into the kitchen , his hand tangled in his messy hair. 

"Water... need water" he said, b-lining for the fridge and pulling out a pitcher of water, pouring himself a tall glass and chugging almost the entire thing. 

Jack and I looked at him and laughed, we all must have looked like such messes. 

"Morning Sutton, you're looking beautiful this morning" Alex said nodding in my direction. I felt bad but I let out a laugh in response, there was no way I looked good in any way shape or form. 

"Alex doesn't lie" Jack added in, and Alex just shook is head, grinning. 

"Come on Jack aren't you going to make us some breakfast?" Alex asked playfully. 

"The only thing I have here is Pop-Tarts, if we want some real hangover food we're going to have to venture out into the real world." Jack responded. 

"Yeah alright then, I'll text Rian and Zack and see if they're down" Alex said, walking out of the kitchen. 

"Jack I can't go out in this" I said, looking down at how short my dress was. 

"We can stop by your place on the way there if you want?" 

I nodded with a smile. 

"Okay I'm going to go change and then we'll go!" He exclaimed, running out of the kitchen and bounding up the stairs.

I poured myself another glass of water and sipped at it, walking into the living room to see what Alex was doing. I found him slumped over on the couch playing with his phone. When I walked in he raised an eyebrow and smiled at me. 

"Hey" I said, joining him on the couch. 

"So where are you from anyway?" he asked. 

"Connecticut. But I moved here for school, I'm probably here for good now though" I responded. 

"How come?" 

"I have foster parents back there I can visit but they aren't obligated to take care of me anymore because I'm not younger than 18. And I like it here anyway." I responded with a smile. 

I hated when people felt bad for me for not having parents. It sucked a lot but people's pity was worse than anything. 

"You don't have parents?" Alex asked, surprised. 

"Alex! That's so rude" Jack said walking back into the room in a fresh set of clothes. He smelled good. 

"Its fine!" I laughed, "but no, I got bounced around a lot when I was a kid. I had the same foster parents from when I was 15 until I moved out though. They're nice enough but they had a lot of foster children so I figured I'd take myself off their hands." I replied, shrugging. 

"Do you have any siblings?" Jack asked me. 

I shook my head, "Nope. Well not that I know of. I don't even know who my parents are." 

"That's crazy shit, sorry about that Sutton" Alex said. 

"Don't be sorry" I said, giving them both a reassuring smile, "Anyway how about that food though, I'm so hungry."