Chapter 4

“Grande non-fat cinnamon dolce latte extra hot” a middle aged woman ordered in a monotone voice.

“Could I get your name?”

“Sheena” she said before handing me her Starbucks card to pay for her drink.

She walked to the side and I blew the piece of hair that was hanging in front of my face away. I’d been working for 7 hours today and I was run off my feet. Rachel decided to call in 'sick' after pointing out that she saw me at breakfast last Saturday morning. Of course after mentioning it to my boss. He took it upon himself then to under staff the place and give me a long shift.

I began to make the lady’s drink when my earphone notified me that there was someone in the drive through ready to have his or her order taken.

“Can I get some help out here” I called to Jon, my boss who was sitting in the back playing with his phone.

“Actually I was thinking about heading out, you can handle the place, just make sure to lock up eh” he said, getting up to pull his sweater on.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead and bit my tongue. I was already in hot water and if I said what I wanted to I’d be fired no doubt.

The next half hour was busy and when it calmed down I started closing duties. I was in the back rinsing some coffee pots when I heard the bell telling me that someone had come inside the store. Sighing, and grabbing a towel to dry my hands I walked back into the front to see Jack and Rian standing at the cash smiling.

“Hey!” I exclaimed, “What are you doing here?”

“I’m a Starbucks addict” Rian replied, “And Jack is my bitch”

We all laughed and the old couple who were sitting in the corner shot us a horrified look. 

I swept my bangs out of my face and put my hands on my hips.

“So, what will it be?” I asked.

“Carmel Macchiato” Rian said smiling before smacking Jack’s shoulder and walking off to the washroom.

“I’ll take one of those Vanilla Frappuccino’s” Jack added.

I ‘forgot’ to enter their drinks into the computer, thinking I might as well if I was in trouble already.

“I should stop by more often” Jack said, winking at me.

“You should! My boss is taking out a personal vendetta on me and today has been hell” I replied, my face falling.

“Why? Giving out too many free drinks?” Jack joked.

“No, Rachel actually saw me at breakfast on Saturday and thought it would be funny to tell him” I replied.

“Oh shit, I guess that’s my fault, I’m sorry Sutton”

“Its not your fault! He has a stick up his ass anyway” I replied laughing, and he smiled back.

I started to make their drinks, and I watched Jack silently for a few minutes. He was chewing gum and looking down at his feet. He was wearing black skinny jeans, a shirt that read “Glamour Kills” on it and a grey beanie; he looked pretty damn adorable.  After the kiss last Saturday we watched another movie and then I went home, we never really talked about it but I couldn’t deny the butterflies that I got in my stomach every time I thought about it. I wondered if he felt the same, but I pushed that thought out of my head, there was no way. I mean I was struggling; I had a restraining order against my ex, no parents and a handful of other skeletons in my closet. He could probably tell I was a loaded gun. 

Don't Turn Around (All Time Low Fan-Fic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara