The Beginning Of the End

The next morning, after the ship is anchored, Silver and some of the pirates go ashore. Jim leaves with a different boat, goes to the island and hides from the pirates. Meanwhile, Smollett, Livesey, Trelawney and Effie, abandon the ship and come ashore to occupy a stockade. Some hours later, Jim finds the stockade and joins them.

John Silver was now ashore with his pirate crew. There were 19 of them, and Silver was their captain. They were getting ready to make the assault on the stockade, and they were getting their weapons ready. Silver spoke to them in an evil manner, as he looked at them.

"Remember our deal, gentlemen! We split the treasure nineteen ways, when we are done with this and we are back on the ship. I want no arguments when the time comes..." he said in an aggressive tone, as he looked at his crew members.

Suddenly, Tom Morgan appeared and with him was Arrow. They were both running towards the pirates and Silver,and Tom was holding Arrow's hand, as Arrow was half asleep.Tom accidentally bumped to Silver, and when Silver grabbed his coat, Tom said, panting heavily "Th...the fort... They.... They captured the fort!.." he said, breathless from running. He had seen Livesey, Trelawney, Effie and Smollett leave from the ship with a small boat.As he told others and the gunner pirate tried to shoot towards them, Tom quickly took Arrow's hand and they both went with a small boat towards the island.

Silver was really surprised now, as he saw Tom Morgan and Arrow running towards him and towards the pirates. Arrow seemed to be half asleep, and Silver didn't know what to say right now. He then looked at Tom and he was a little bit confused.

"You saw them leaving? You saw them all leave? Is that what you're saying, Tom?.." he asked, in a confused and aggressive tone.
"Yes. I... Noticed them leaving and before I could react, they were already starting to go towards the island..." Tom panted again, then continued "They have also.. Put the English flag... On the fort."

Arrow rubbed his eye, pretty much awake now and aware of the situation
Long John Silver looked at Tom for a few seconds, as he tried to process this information. He then looked at Arrow, who was now fully awake, and he spoke to him in a cold and aggressive tone.

"And what were you doing all this time? You were supposed to watch the ship, didn't I tell you that?" he asked in a cruel and mocking tone.

He was clearly annoyed and he couldn't believe what happened right now.
"Y-yes, but.." Arrow tried to explain. "I wasn't the only one who had to watch the ship, you said Israel hands and the rest of us would do it. So don't blame me!Plus I have no idea how they managed to get out of the captain's cabin where they were held hostage or something."

Silver was still annoyed and angry as he listened to Arrow. The boy was trying to explain himself, but there was no real good excuse, in Silver's opinion. The Captain was really disappointed in him right now. He then spoke to the boy in a cruel and aggressive tone.

"Don't lie to me! You have been sleeping, haven't you!?" he said while he was looking at Arrow. He then turned around and he walked a few steps away. He needed a moment to think of all this. Hispaniola ship was now not in his control anymore.

"Oh yeah, it's MY fault that I have to do all those jobs as the cabin boy and stay up late to clean up the ship."

Silver just shook his head in disappointment, as he continued listening to Arrow. The boy was still not taking responsibility for his actions, which made him even more annoyed.

"All these jobs? You have no idea what I had to do on the sea, when I was the Cabin boy. I did all the tasks alone. I was never allowed to sleep and you sit here complaining to me about your so called jobs?", he said in an annoyed and aggressive tone.

He was really angry at Arrow. He didn't like it when the boy complained and whined.
Arrow sighed, clearly annoyed by Silver's words "Dude, I couldn't care LESS about what you did when you were the cabin boy. Instead of complaining, be glad that I do at least something around there, and when I mean something, I mean EVERYTHING. All my life I'm forced to do jobs like cooking, cleaning, mopping, dusting, but it's never good enough for anyone. I always try my best, and it's never been enough! Let's just.. go find that treasure and get done with this whole thing, because it's goddamn tiring."

Silver laughed coldly at Arrow and he continued to mock the other boy in an aggressive tone.

"Your best, Arrow? Your best? I doubt you even know, what the word "best" means, boy. All you do is complain and you are so lazy! If your best is that you are doing "everything", then I wonder, what your worst would be, Arrow!.. " he said in a mocking voice, as he turned his back on Arrow. He had enough of all this. He was starting to get really tired. He was ready for the mission now.Silver and the rest of the pirates headed towards the fort. Silver told them to wait outside, a bit further than where the fortress was.Silver made his way to the fort, with a white flag on his hand. He walked back outside after this, and he took a few moments to speak to his pirate crew, as he stood among them.

"Well my men, it's time to get the treasure. The 'gentlemen' over there refused to give us the map. This is why we have to get ready, to attack the fort. This is our one chance."he said in a violent and menacing tone.

And so, and hour later, the pirates fought against Livesey, Smollett,Jim and the Squire, while Effie remained inside for her own safety. Dr livesey had given her his gun, in order to protect herself if necessary.